Pathfinder 1E Strange Aeons [Discussion only]

wpid-wp-1438359932530.jpg
Credit: Know Direction: Pathfinder News, Reviews & Interviews​

So.
This
caught my eye. I've been interested for a few months now in running a Cthulu adventure. I checked out Horror on the Orient Express, and while I note it won an ENnie, its behemoth size makes it, I think, untenable for PbP.

Paizo just announced that, in August 2016, they will be releasing a "very Lovecraftian themed AP" in which Insanity will be a feature, as will amnesiac players and Dreamlands.

I think I want to run this. I'm pretty sure there will be interest. Is anyone overtly excited about such a prospect? If so, would you rather see it run as a Pathfinder or a 5e game? I hate to despoil Pathfinder's admittedly very fine system by suggesting that their product be run using 5e, but I really only have time to master one gaming system, and have been gravitating lately toward 5e.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a recruiting thread! August 2016 is a year away! Please don't post character submissions.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Oh wow. SUPER interested.

Thank God it's a year away though. My plate is so full right now! I will be sure to save some space.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This will be my first Pathfinder AP I pick up, mostly to convert it to being part of my Ptolus campaign (including changing the Mythos creatures, lightly, to become Galchutt).

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Definitely interested and a year is a good span for me as things are still chaotic for me right now (can't even find time to get my D20 Modern character updated).

I'd be most interested if you were to run it in D&D 5E. I'm kind of Pathfindered out at this point.

My preference is 5e. But I'm concerned that the mechanics for insanity and amnesia may be written in such a way that much will be lost in translation between Pathfinder and 5e. I think, at this point, I will probably subscribe to the AP in August next year, then will want thirty days to read the first module before pulling the trigger on a decision re: which system to use.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So, You put this huge chocolate cake in fron of a diabetic and said, "Don't touch"? (snicker) How is work doing? Besides busy?

Remove ads