Let's cast the D&D movie!

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Okay, assuming that they will involve the works of R.A. Salvatore somehow (and how can they not dip into that cash cow?), let's cast the parts:

Drizzt -
Wulfgar -
Bruenor -
Cattie-Brie -
Regis -

Others?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We can do a fantasy casting, but I think we can assume this film will *not* be Salvatore - they already have a script by Johnson, written before the court case. WB had commissioned the script before having the rights - I do't think they'd have commissioned something so rights-dependent as a Salvatore movie.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Brian Posehn and/or Patton Oswalt and/or Zack Galifianakis needs to be cast somewhere in this thing. Even if only as a jester who gets ganked. It MIGHT be the best 5 minutes in the franchise.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
We can do a fantasy casting, but I think we can assume this film will *not* be Salvatore - they already have a script by Johnson, written before the court case. WB had commissioned the script before having the rights - I do't think they'd have commissioned something so rights-dependent as a Salvatore movie.

Agreed. It's more likely they will, at least at first, go with an original script. I'm not sure if that would be good news or bad, though.

Ryujin

Legend
Please. No Drizzt.

An existing world could be used for the setting but I'd prefer a new story, that's not tied to anything that's gone before. I suspect that it'll have something to do with "Tyranny of Dragons" though.

A

amerigoV

Drizz't - I am thinking Chris Rock would be awesome. "It's about time they let a Black Elf come to the Surface, don't ya think!?!?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases