As an "adult" do you watch cartoons by choice?

Scorpio616

First Post
I watch lots of animation, current english stuff I watch is;

Gravity Falls
Star Vs. ( feels soo much like classic anime at times :) )
Steven universe (Too much heart in too many episodes, but I like the big picture presented)
MLP:FiM (Though it is kinda hit and miss for me)
Adventure time (Season six is a bit too artsy IMHO)

As far as anime goes, I've liked a lot, though too many modern shows are pandering to the creepier fans {the bad kind of creepy].

The reboot of Ushio to Tora is seeming pretty good.

I tried watching Batman Beyond.

I did not like alot of the changes they made, including the Joker that can climb with his feet. That alone killed this cartoon for me.
That Insane Clown Posse-reject Joker was from "The Batman".

delericho

Legend
I've never seen Up either, but I've heard that the first 10 minutes of that film is one of the saddest most heartbreaking parts of any modern cartoon or children's film.

The start of "Up" is indeed pretty sad, but then the tone lightens up a great deal. The end of "Toy Story 3", on the other hand, is devastating.

JWO

First Post
I love cartoons!

Favourites include Avatar, the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra, Steven Universe, Adventure Time (though I've lost track of it pretty much since Pendleton Ward left), Over the Garden Wall.

I tried to watch Gravity Falls since a lot of its fans seem to watch the shows that I watch but I couldn't get into it...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
As far as anime goes, I've liked a lot, though too many modern shows are pandering to the creepier fans {the bad kind of creepy].

And what shows would those be? I ask for no particular reason. :angel:

The reboot of Ushio to Tora is seeming pretty good.

I've been meaning to watch this. I bought the entire manga back when I was in Japan, and it's nice to hear that the new series is living up to that more closely (though I did enjoy the music from the original series).

Ryujin

Legend
Since evening TV over the summer is such a wasteland, I've taken to tuning the TV to Teletoon, Canada's cartoon network, in the evening when I'm on the 'net. It's just background noise, for the most part. Shows that are on then include "Grojband" and "Total Drama." If I'm up late enough it slides into "Futurama" and "Archer" reruns.

was

Adventurer
I don't watch a lot of cartoons. I have checked out a couple once or twice in an effort to understand what students were talking about.

Remove ads