D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yes im aware but mine is more berzerker than anything else

I'm fine with it if the other players are fine with it, but upon checking I also realize I have two interested parties that asked already (Shayuri and Kiraya_TiDrekan) and I was only planning for four players.

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm fine with it if the other players are fine with it, but upon checking I also realize I have two interested parties that asked already (Shayuri and Kiraya_TiDrekan) and I was only planning for four players.

Doesn't bother me, although I prefer some party role balance. With that said, 5E lets you get away with not necessarily adhering to traditional party composition. I actually wasn't thinking this was going to be first-come/first-served.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Doesn't bother me, although I prefer some party role balance. With that said, 5E lets you get away with not necessarily adhering to traditional party composition. I actually wasn't thinking this was going to be first-come/first-served.

I don't want to handle it that way, but the problem I have is that I haven't ever figured out a better way to do sign ups. I'm open to suggestions.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hi there,

Wow, this recruiting thread started yesterday and we're already at page #3! I would love to join. Here is my proposed character:
[sblock]
Name: Thaliss Eviastarim
Sex: Male
Race: Variant Human
Class/Level: Sorcerer 1/warlock 2
Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Human)
Init: +4
Senses: Darkvision (120 ft.)
Passive Perception: 15

DEFENSE
AC: 17 (+3 draconic resilience, +4 dex)
HP: 32 (sor: 1d6 +3 con, +1 draconic resilience, warlock: 2d8+3+3)
Saves: Constitution & Charisma
Special Defenses:

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +6 Attack, 1d4+4 Piercing
Special Attacks: Spells & invocations known: 7 cantrips, 5 level 1 spells.
slots: 2 sorceror, 2 warlock.

(0) minor illusion SM (A bit of fleece) up to 1 min duration, 30 ft range
(0) mage hand VS, 1 min duration, 30 ft range, spectral hand appears, use action to control it, 10 lb limit, can move the hand 30 ft when using it.
(0) shocking grasp VS touch 1d8 electricity, advantage if metal armor, no reactions till start of next turn
(0) prestigitation
(0) eldrich blast: 240 ft range, 1d10+4 damage

(0)
(0)

(1)shield VS 1 reaction when hit, 1 round duration, +5 to AC
(1)sleep VSM (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), 90 ft range, 1 min duration 5d8 hp of creatures within 20ft radius

(1)
(1)
(1)

Invocations known: Devil's sight, agonizing blast

STATISTICS
Str 13 (+1), Dex 18 (+4) , Con 16 (+3), Int 14 (+2), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 18 (+4)

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 1 variant human, 2 Sorcerer, 2 noble background: history & persuation
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+4 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
+1 (str) Athletics
+6 (cha) Deception - from sorcerer
+4 (int) History - from Noble
+3 (wis) Insight
+6 (cha) Intimidation - from sorcerer
+2 (int) Investigation
+3 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+5 (wis) Perception - From Human
+4 (cha) Performance
+6 (cha) Persuasion - From Noble
+2 (int) Religion
+4 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+3 (wis) Survival

Languages:Common, Elvish, Abyssal, Infernal, Draconic

RACE FEATURES
Languages: Common + 1 additional language (Elvish)
Skills: proficient in one skills of your choice (perception)
Feat: Spell sniper extra cantrip: eldrich blast, range of spells requiring attack rolls is doubled, ignore half and 3/4 cover

BACKGROUND FEATURES Noble & sage hybrid
Feature: Position of privilege As noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, persuation
Tool Proficiencies: None
Language: 2 extra language (abyssal, Infernal)

CLASS FEATURES - Sorcerer
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 14. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.
- Draconic Ancestry: You can speak, read, and write Draconic. Whenever you make a Charisma check when interacting with dragons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.
- Draconic Resilience: +1 HP per sorcerer level

CLASS FEATURES - Warlock
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 14. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.
- Otherworldly patron: great old one 30ft telepathy- Eldritch Invocations: 2 Devil's sight, agonizing blast

Proficiencies Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

Gear:
A set of fine clothes
Signet ring
Scroll of pedigree
purse containing 25 gp
component pouch (exchanged light crossbow for this, same price)
Two dagger

Arcane focus (Wand)
Dungeoneer`s pack

Money: 23 gp

Physical Appearance:
Thaliss Eviastarim is a thin human of boyish apearance, 5 feet tall, and weighs 140 pounds. He has pale skin, brown eyes and dark brown hair. He is 19 years old.

Backstory:
Thaliss Eviastarim never knew his father, as he died in battle before he was born, and his mother died when his sorcerous powers started manifesting as a toddler. He later learned that he was responsible for her death, shock-grasping her during a toddler's tantrum. This is a reality that he has difficulty facing, even today.

From a young age, Thaliss showed himself to be a natural prodigy with magic. Indeed, Thaliss was an extremely gifted boy, amazing his private tutors and learning his first spells several years before the age most who study magic do.

He had a comfortable childhood, being of noble blood, and had the best magical mentors available. However, this relatively simple life didn’t satisfy him, and he had a darker yearning deep within him. His mentors saw this craving for power as an unhealthy influence, and did not nurture it. One night when he was 17, he decided to leave his family in order to satisfy his yearning, and travelled the lands with a caravan of merchants and minstrels.

About a year ago, his caravan was attacked by small black creatures about half the size of gnomes. He was knocked out, and when he awoke, not only was he the only survivor, but a black book was left in front of him. He studied the ancient tome, and once he finished, it disintegrated, and so did part of him: he had been changed forever.

He quickly joined The Adventuring Guild, to nurture his newly found powers, and quickly grew in ability to reach the silver ranks.

He has recently joined a mercenary company out of Rivengard Keep that had been recruiting all capable adventurers in the land to help route out bandits and highwaymen that have been plaguing travelers and trade.
[/sblock]

I only have a few spells left to choose. I know there's already a warlock, but my character will be focused on blasting, so we won't be stepping on one another's toes.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

hafrogman

Adventurer
I don't want to handle it that way, but the problem I have is that I haven't ever figured out a better way to do sign ups. I'm open to suggestions.
Ultimately I think this comes down to each DM to decide for themselves. First come, first serve can be rough when threads fill up in 94 minutes. But I think you're right that other methods may not be "better", they're just different. As long as you're transparent about it, any method can be fine to assemble the party you want to play with. An invested DM is a happy DM.

As far as doubling up on classes, I have no objections from my end. But I also have enough character concepts floating around in my brain at any given time, that I also have no problem with pitching something else to end up with a broader representation.

Forged Fury

First Post

Pretty much GM fiat. At least that's how it's worked on other boards on which I've played. GM sets a sign-up date, then reviews the submitted characters, choosing their favorites or the ones that seem like they would work best in the story or as a team. Potentially even interviewing players to determine if they seem like they're actually going to be reliable posters, since that's a huge problem with PbP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases