D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Creamsteak

Explorer
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...inces-of-Elemental-Evil&p=6676407#post6676407

Starting this off a little rough I guess. The maps I have are all marked up with things you wouldn't know about yet, but I think that's a fair trade-off. The beginning is always the hardest part for me. Feel free to start off talking amongst yourselves or trying to gather information... or if you want to jump ahead to exploring Red Larch or such we can do that too. I'll try to help and keep up (introduce some characters for one) shortly, but I'm away from my books.

Also, I'm generally alright with players introducing NPCs and adding to the scene if it helps you at all. Whatever you can imagine. If you're not comfortable with that, that's fine to not do. I'll try to help out either way.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm going to go ahead and bow out then since the two alternates are ahead of me on character creation already and I have other stuff on my plate. Have fun!

im gonna bow otu cause i start abck to work next week

If someone new to the site wants in, however, I hope you will consider them before me.

I am interested and would take a spot if offered, but I agree that a place should go to someone who doesn't already have something going.

Would it be possible to post this link in the first post of this thread? Same thing for the RG thread? Thanks!
Also, what are normal HP? Max at level 1 and average after? Or max at 1 and rolled after? Thanks again and cheers,

SG

Max at first level and average rounded up after.

And I'll post an RG and tidy things up sooner or later.

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] Can you explain a little more about the Adventure Guild? Specifically, how does someone get promoted. Damien's ears are perking up at the sound of potential evil nearby and he may attempt to manipulate the Copper-tier pauper to get information about what he discovered.

Oh, I think RG threads are supposed to go in the Character Build forum now. Just FYI.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Oh, I think RG threads are supposed to go in the Character Build forum now. Just FYI.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know where to go as my old RG thread is now in General Discussion of all places.

@Creamsteak Can you explain a little more about the Adventure Guild? Specifically, how does someone get promoted. Damien's ears are perking up at the sound of potential evil nearby and he may attempt to manipulate the Copper-tier pauper to get information about what he discovered.

The guild would fail as an entity if they failed missions frequently. As such, they only promote people that they can guarantee can handle a particular sort of job. And you may get promoted for different reasons. A copper adventurer is still "something special" in that they can be expected to complete at least one copper job (typical pay being 1000 copper) in a month. Silver is similar, but more along the lines of a real adventurer. Where a copper crew might have to clear out dire rats from a basement (which is still not exactly a cakewalk), a silver crew might take on a band of bandits or goblins. Gold and above are more expensive to hire, and you can expect most people that have earned a golden sigil to be about 5th level. Platinum, Mithril, Adamantine and such are not so much a level thing as a guild reputation level past gold. I'm loosely using the reputation system from the DMG for levels past gold. If what you are getting at is telling the copper ranger at the bar he might get promoted over something, it's definitely possible.

The base rate for any contract with the guild is 1000 coins per rank. Obviously that means the contract you've found is a gold one with standards lowered out of necessity. This is a risk to the guild, because failed missions would reduce the guilds reputation as a "reliable" source of skilled labor.

It's both a super generic kind of thing to throw into a game and hopefully a useful one.

It also means that, should your group be successful, you can hire additional help to deal with things you can't. Knowing that you can get a team of 3rd or 5th level adventurer's to handle something minor while your group handles something major might be important in this module.

Forged Fury

First Post
RE: The Adventurer's Guild. That's perfect, exactly what I wanted to know. As far as the RG thread, I think a Mod will move it if needed. Personally, I've never really understood the RG thread, but I guess it's useful if you have to add people mid-game and don't want their sheets in some weird place halfway through the IC or OOC threads.

Remove ads