D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], if you don't mind, I'll wait to post last in the RG since I am an alternate.

Also, are you OK with a NE alignment if I extend a promise to behave and be a reliable team player? I have been wanting to play a quasi-evil paladin for about five months but have been unable to find a DM willing to accept one. Mr. Dent up above doesn't realize he's evil. He thinks he's on the right side of the law. The fact that he's ruthless and will do anything to complete a mission is what, in my mind, makes him evil. He won't steal from or attack party members; he's not that kind of evil. If you prefer, I could switch him to N, LE or LN.

I'll have good think about it, but right now I like Marcus Dent a little better than I do Thelxiope. Don't get me wrong, 'Iope would be great fun to play. She's fits squarely in the lighthearted category, can heal, and I like the way I built her as a play on the classic trope that Greek Gods are full of trickery. I'm not fishing for compliments here, but if anyone cares to pipe up regarding which concept you would prefer to see in play, please let me know. As I'm an alternate, my primary goal is to create something useful to the group. What I'm wondering is whether the paladin is more useful than the cleric.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], if you don't mind, I'll wait to post last in the RG since I am an alternate.

Also, are you OK with a NE alignment if I extend a promise to behave and be a reliable team player? I have been wanting to play a quasi-evil paladin for about five months but have been unable to find a DM willing to accept one. Mr. Dent up above doesn't realize he's evil. He thinks he's on the right side of the law. The fact that he's ruthless and will do anything to complete a mission is what, in my mind, makes him evil. He won't steal from or attack party members; he's not that kind of evil. If you prefer, I could switch him to N, LE or LN.

I'll have good think about it, but right now I like Marcus Dent a little better than I do Thelxiope. Don't get me wrong, 'Iope would be great fun to play. She's fits squarely in the lighthearted category, can heal, and I like the way I built her as a play on the classic trope that Greek Gods are full of trickery. I'm not fishing for compliments here, but if anyone cares to pipe up regarding which concept you would prefer to see in play, please let me know. As I'm an alternate, my primary goal is to create something useful to the group. What I'm wondering is whether the paladin is more useful than the cleric.

I'm fine with any alignment so long as the games goal is kept in mind.

Scotley

Hero
Whoa, Halrogman and Creamsteak in a thread? *Checks time stamp on posts*. Hmmm, 5e, not 3.5e, must be new. Wow. Okay, I'll get in on this if there is room. Looks like we have arcane interest, a barbarian, a warlock and maybe a druid. How about an Aarakocra Rogue?

Edit: Oops! Guess I should have read further before jumping in. Hey, looks like a great group. Have fun and maybe I'll follow along just to see what happens.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whoa, Halrogman and Creamsteak in a thread? *Checks time stamp on posts*. Hmmm, 5e, not 3.5e, must be new. Wow. Okay, I'll get in on this if there is room. Looks like we have arcane interest, a barbarian, a warlock and maybe a druid. How about an Aarakocra Rogue?

Edit: Oops! Guess I should have read further before jumping in. Hey, looks like a great group. Have fun and maybe I'll follow along just to see what happens.

Happens. I am obviously trying to get the ball rolling at a moderately high pace for PbP so I can seize the initiative with it more or less.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Whoa, Hafrogman and Creamsteak in a thread? *Checks time stamp on posts*. Hmmm, 5e, not 3.5e, must be new. Wow.
This is simply a figment of your imagination. It is the early 2000s and all is well with the world. Excuse me while I go watch the Matrix Reloaded. I have been waiting for this sequel for such a long time, I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sorry about the double post updates. I keep realizing things after my first post. Specifically stuff I knew I read in a character background, but had forgotten would be relevant here.

Forged Fury

First Post
Son of a... I was looking through the character sheets and was wondering how Thaliss had the same number of warlock spells as I do but a level lower in warlock. I never took my 4th spell (technically third, since I do have a 2nd Level Spell). I was planning on taking Comprehend Languages to help out with his infiltration capabilities, which would also have helped tell the shopkeeper what his book was about. Oh well...

Adding Comprehend Languages to my sheet, unless the DM has a problem. I can wait to add two spells next level if you're not comfortable with the addition in medias res.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Nah that's fine. Sorry for not more thoroughly checking over your character. I'm just not familiar enough with the rules yet. Learning more every day. I spent half of yesterday attempting to convert some 3.5 magic items into 5e ones.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases