Could the "Warcraft" movie completely over-shadow the "D&D" movie?

Let's face it folks, they are both going to suck - badly....

I have yet to see a movie about a game, toy etc that hasn't been more than over inflated fan fiction and yes I am including Transformers - watched objectively, it's tripe with Megan Fox's cleavage thrown in so you'll forget.

MechaPilot

Explorer

I have yet to see a movie about a game, toy etc that hasn't been more than over inflated fan fiction and yes I am including Transformers - watched objectively, it's tripe with Megan Fox's cleavage thrown in so you'll forget.

I've never seen it, but the LEGO movie has generally been praised as being good.

scottcoz

First Post
Apparently the World of Warcraft movie will be out before the D&D movie so I am speculating that the Warcraft movie will just over-shadow the D&D one. Warcraft is a juggernaut to the point where the D&D could become the "Warcraft rip-off" even though D&D obviously came first.
Very likely. Just like I predict there will be many claiming Justice League is a rip-off of Avengers, and Darkseid (assuming he's the villain in it) is a rip-off of Thanos :)

I've never seen it, but the LEGO movie has generally been praised as being good.

You're right, I stand corrected, I had forgotten that the LEGO movie was actually good, and it was. The fact that the direction team is from that movie gave me hope for the D&D movie, but as was stated once, "Do not trust to hope, it has abandoned us here." :/

Ryujin

Legend

I think that the big danger is that the D&D movie will either be a parody of the genre, or that they'll rip off the concept of "The Gamers" movies in a big budget way.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
No..not really.
The Enterprise is a massive ship. If it were to enter into a geosynchronous orbit around an inhabited planet ( which is a standard Trek procedure) the planet would be torn apart. Tsunamis would drown everyone.

The new movie Enterprise is by far the largest version, and it's only about 2300 feet long (it's around twice the size of the TV show version of the ship). That would be a minuscule amount of mass compared to even a tiny moon, much less an Earth-sized planet. How could you possibly come to that conclusion?

USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701),_ENT1231.jpg

Remove ads