D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Shoalar is off map and underwater slightly. I didn't include him on the map, but I'm curious if you have any viable methods to take him out or pursue him.

OOC: Perhaps Thaliss' eldrich blast can? As long as he can see Shoalar, there is no reason he couldn't, and since he's next to act, he may get a shot, even in the water.
Move to E2
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] from faery fire
[roll=damage]1d10+1d6+5[/roll]

If he cannot see Shoalar, Thaliss will eldrich blast the thug at B5
[roll3]
[roll=damage]1d10+5[/roll]

Question: why did Thaliss' sleep spell fizzle? Is it because all remaining foes had more than 11hp left? Thanks!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Shoalar should still be lit up by faery fire, so seeing him even in the water should still be possible! Perhaps this gives advantage on perception checks? If so, here is the second roll:
[roll0]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Yes, at the time, they all had 11 or more hp. One had 12... so you can blame the dice. And I'll allow Thaliss the opportunity to take a shot.

Thaliss: moves to the side of the boat and blasts into the water hoping to strike the Genasi.

OOC: I'm using the wizards dice roller and this just happened:
Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

Roll(1d10)+0:
10,+0
Total:10

Twenty points of damage to the watery sorcerer.

He drops... and floats to the surface back facing upwards.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan's concentration almost wavers as his opponent is seemingly vanished, but the halfling's shouting gives a new focus and he quickly transitions, taking long strides across the deck, trailing his sword behind him and then whipping it around in a low blow, 'shearing wild grass'.

OOC: Assuming Pike is still up by the time it gets back to me.

Rage continues (1/3 used - round 4/10 raging)
Resistance to bludgeoning, slashing, piercing
Advantage on strength checks and saves.

Move: F10
[roll0]
[roll1]

If everyone's down, combat's over so it doesn't matter. If Pike is down and the bandit is still up, Tolan will drop rage and gesture for the bandit to drop his weapon(s).

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Nice!

NO MERCY! Damien was really starting to get annoyed with the devil in his head. With the battle turning in their favor, the warlock managed two more attacks, hoping to bring Pike down. While he would prefer to take the halfling alive to question him, he knew he would never hear the end of it from Archandros.

OOC: Action: Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Bonus Action: Attack [roll2], Damage [roll3]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Taking some freedom with the initiative order since this is close enough. Pike had 2 hit points, and the bandit would want to surrender the very moment Shoalar ran.

Damien puts an end to Pike in short order. [I'd award you inspiration for killing Pike, but you haven't used yours yet.]

Tolan makes his gesture at the remaining bandit.

"I didn't draw blood! Surely you can let me live? Take the boat, just leave me my life. I never had any loyalty to that Genasi anyway."

OOC: TREASURE
A locked chest in the deckhouse holds 190 sp and 9 gp. Shoalar wears a leather belt pouch containing 10 gp, three small malachites worth 10 gp each, and a potion of healing. In addition, the cargo hold (below the stern) is currently full of stolen goods: casks of ale, salted fish, and twelve large bundles of cured pelts (beaver and sable) worth 40 gp each.

There are also five of the ancient dwarven tomes on-board the ship and Pike was coveting one gold coin.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Cleaning his daggers on the halfing's ratty clothes, Damien reached into Pike's coin pouch and pulled out his gold piece. "Poor service deserves cutting criticism," he said to the dead halfling. As a bonus, Archandros seemed to have faded into contented silence in his mind.

Gathering with the rest of the party, Damien asked, "Well, what now? We have a boat full of goods but the closest port of call that wouldn't likely summarily murder us is downriver... and away from our contract."

Glancing over at the terrified deckhand, he finished in a lowered voice, "We could hire the deckhand as our agent. A sufficient amount of... forceful persuasion may keep him honest."

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan blinks slightly as his mind opens again to the world around him. He glances at the bandit to make sure that no more attacks were imminent before bending down to clean his blade on another scrap of Pike's clothing. He also reaches into the halfling's pouch to reclaim the money paid just moments before. Looking up to the bandit again, he nods slightly.

"I have no particular need to kill you. Stand in the middle of the boat, and try not to make any sudden movement. We're a little bit twitchy. Then we'll see how you can be useful."

He hesitates slightly.

"You do want to be useful, don't you?"

Turning to Thaliss, he responds quietly.

"I wouldn't trust him not to run off to warn the others, no matter what he says. But we need information."

OOC: I'm assuming in addition to his own gold coin, Pike was holding onto the passage fee he extorted claimed from us.

Out of curiosity, how do we know the goods are stolen? :) Do they glow red, like in Skyrim?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Ah the problem with copy and pasting text. Yeah, the goods are not inherently stolen. Though give the game 5 seconds and I'm pretty sure someone can get that information out of the bandit. Actually, a detect stolen goods spell would be hilarious.

And no, I only intended for Pike to have the extorted gold. I didn't realize two of you paid before Thaliss talked him out of it.

The bandit follows instructions. He seems to be quietly hoping the rumors that tags take prisoners from time to time to be true.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Confound it! I missed the perfect opportunity for a "Hey Pyke... here's a tip! Service was so good, here's another!" finishing line. Need to be more on my pun game...

I figured there was something of a cut scene where we fished Shoalar out of the drink, all the while the deckhand was spilling his guts so we wouldn't kill him. I figured he would have definitely offered up the goods and told us they weren't even really theirs, after all.

"Oh, I doubt we can trust him, but if we can make him fear us enough, he may do it out of self-preservation. I know I don't want to try to lug all of our rewards around, particularly through the hills to get to Summit Hall." Damien replied. "I'd like to get something for our efforts, besides a few dozen gold pieces and a smattering of gems."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases