D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Upon seing Tolan's horse, Thaliss telepathically says That's a mighty fine beast you are riding there, Tolan. If you don't mind, I will get one myself before we leave this Red Larch. Where did you get it? . Thaliss proceeds to the purchase, before heading out of town with the group.

[sblock=ooc] I assume that no elephants are available ;-) and that normal phb prices apply. Thaliss will pay 25gp more for a prettier horse adequate for a noble.
Purchase of Riding horse 100 gp
military saddle 20gp (for advantage to checks to stay mounted)
saddlebags 4gp
bit and briddle 2gp
total: 126 gp

I'm eager to move on![/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The road to Feathergale spire seems quite quiet and quaint. The trip from Red Larch does not take particularly long and you don't seem to face any encounters or reprisals from enraged cultists. As you start to climb the hills towards the spire you find yourselves and your mounts blown this way and that by strong winds. Even the heaviest horses seems to have to tilt against the wind. The gusty winds buffet you from all sides.

Feathergale Spire rises from a pillar of rock high into the air, the tallest point for miles. Built from white limestone and embellished in marble, the spire resembles a gleaming sword that pierces the sky.

The gatehouse faces the opposite cliff, its drawbridge the only apparent point of entry. Tall, wide windows encompass the bottom level ofthe tower, absent only upon the gatehouse side.

A circle of open stalls rings the tower's foundation where it meets the rock. Above each stall, the sculpture of a hippogriff in flight leaps from the tower's base.

Beneath Feathergale Spire to the east, a wide gusty canyon yawns through the hills.

A steep trail leads to the drawbridge over Feathergale Moat and to the keep's main entrance. In the sky, two knights riding giant vultures circle the tower.

Attachments

• 204feather.jpg
    204feather.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 173

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss releases his owl familiar from the folds of space-time, sending him to take a closer view of the vulture riders. Telepathically, he tells his companions If we're lucky, we'll be able to identify the rider that attacked us and got away. If we take him out, we shouldn't be recognized. Thaliss proceeds to chant before he closes his eyes, his mind being somewhere else.

[sblock=ooc]
Cast guidance: add [roll0] to next check
action action to see through your familiar’s eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits o f any special senses. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses
Perception check: [roll1]
Note: I'm not sure if the owl's or Thaliss' check modifier is used (probably the Owl since the spell says that you see what they see). They are as follows:
Thaliss: +6
Owl: +3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The owl is having quite a bit of difficulty flying in this wind, being rocked back and forth by the sudden changes in direction and intensity. This seems to get more difficult as it closes in on the tower. The riders are both in... decorative and gaudy attire. While the vultures look similar to those that were killed near the wreckage of the caravan some days ago, the riders here are well dressed and decorated in an almost military officer-like fashion. If either rider was the same as the person that attacked you and escaped, their differing uniform makes any sort of identification a bit difficult.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss recalls his owl, and sends him back the extra-dimensional pocket where it is safe. He then telepathically relates what has happened, and comments lightly Shall we simply go up to the tower, knock at the door and ask for the snowflake?

Forged Fury

First Post
With apparent experience, Tolan sat his horse with ease. Scanning the horizon, he held his bow in one hand with an arrow nocked to the string and guided his horse with his legs. "Don't like the looks of those buzzards," he said darkly.

Responding aloud to Thaliss, the wood elf responded, "Well, we've heard stories of nobles coming to join these Knights. Maybe we can knock and see if they'll let us stay a spell? I'd rather try to find out if the girl is here before drawing blades, if we can help it."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss telepathically replies Agreed. Perhaps my pedigree will be of use. You three will be my retainers for the matter of our introduction. Let us proceed to the tower then.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc has no intention of playing the part of a retainer. He says nothing. He does not know if Thaliss knows this or not.

Forged Fury

First Post
Tolan smirked, wondering at whatever it was that the noble was overcompensating for... "Yeah, sure, that's fine with me. We can all play pretend." Tipping his straw hat against the shade, the swordsman nudged his horse with his knees, directing it toward the spire.

Shayuri

First Post
"Knights mounted on flying beasts," Maighan muses with some interest. "Well that's definitely new. Now, if I remember correctly we suspect this to be another operation like the old monastery? A public front for a secret elemental cult?"

Her words would have been laughable, had not everyone already lived through it.

Remove ads