D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Forged Fury

First Post
Returning the handshake firmly, Damien said, "Not sure it has anything to do with this contract. The Copper said he came across four fresh dug graves roughly between here and the tower in the mountains. I'm not sure if its in the right direction. Maybe something to look into afterward?"

Nodding to the two elves, the warlock said, "Damien Darkspawn. Pleased to meet you."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Aridha gives Tolan a wry look, but before she can say anything, the good Brother comes forward with his information. She digests it silently, already adding it to the developing ball of information in her head. Finding people was what she did...she was pretty good at it. And sometimes even little details were crucial when a trail went cold.

"How far out from Beliard were you when you saw them two tendays ago?" the elf asked the devout of Lathander.

The most important fact to start with; where the trail began.

When Damien and Thaliss came over, she gave them brief, curt nods of acknowledgement.

The acolyte plainly states, "I was just on my way out of town... I took the west road though, and I don't know how long they expected to stay in Beliard. I believe they were heading to Summit Hall to bring one of those Knights that had fallen to be interred in the catacombs there. Sadly I know not why they have not arrived of yet, but it's not impossible they just took longer at Summit Hall than I would have expected."

Forged Fury

First Post
At the response from the Lathanderite, Damien amended himself, "Or possibly on the way if we're to head to Summit Hall first. We can find out if they made it there. If not, we can backtrack them to Beliard."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan does some calculating in the back of his mind for a moment and appears to reach an decision.

"If we head off the road then we certainly miss any chance of meeting the caravan if they have merely been delayed. But someone is concerned enough to offer this contact. I think we must move forward assuming the worst. Skirting the southern edge of the hills seems the best path. Angling as straight as we can for Summit Hall without losing time to rough terrain. We can check these mounds on the way, as Damien suggests."

He contemplates his pack on the floor near his chair for a moment.

"We will be several days, and away from the beaten path. Supplies first, I think, before we begin the journey."

OOC: Unless there's a particular reason to play it out, I'll try to pick up a second waterskin and 2 more days of rations on our way out of town.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Tolan does some calculating in the back of his mind for a moment and appears to reach an decision.

"If we head off the road then we certainly miss any chance of meeting the caravan if they have merely been delayed. But someone is concerned enough to offer this contact. I think we must move forward assuming the worst. Skirting the southern edge of the hills seems the best path. Angling as straight as we can for Summit Hall without losing time to rough terrain. We can check these mounds on the way, as Damien suggests."

He contemplates his pack on the floor near his chair for a moment.

"We will be several days, and away from the beaten path. Supplies first, I think, before we begin the journey."

OOC: Unless there's a particular reason to play it out, I'll try to pick up a second waterskin and 2 more days of rations on our way out of town.

The suggested general store is Vallivoe's Sundries. It's a bit of a mess, but they have almost anything - new or used - available for purchase if you can find it. Endrith Vallivoe is a small male Tethyrian human who formerly worked as a caravan merchant.

Upon finding and purchasing your goods, you notice that Endrith is reading... or rather simply looking at the pictures and glyphs in a very old book. It is a pretty illuminated manuscript by its appearances. He pays no other special mind to your order.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Ugh, I really need 25gp. Hopefully we won't run into any traps at the start, LOL.

"Well met, Endrith." Damien said while the rest of the party shopped. "What an interesting looking book. What's it about?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Endrith seems a bit reluctant to deal with attention. "I don't know much about it yet. I can't read dwarvish. Pretty illuminations though. Got it cheap. Only cost me 25 gold pieces. I think it's got to be worth more. I bought it from some river rats from down in Womford. They were pawning off a number of such things."

Shayuri

First Post
This catches Aridha's attention. That was the kind of thing that could easily happen to items taken from the bodies of the fallen...taken by looters and sold in the bad part of town.

"Oh?" she asked, moving closer to get a better look at the book. Unfortunately she was no more fluent in Dwarfish than the man. "That sounds interesting. Who would I look for?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I don't recall a name... just a face. Tall, balding, some kind of rash all up and down his neck. Otherwise a typical river rat. I don't think he would have told me his name if I'd asked."

Close up, the book looks well organized and the illuminations are quite beautiful.

[OOC: I know getting a consensus out of people and moving forward is a bit slow in PbP, so if nothing else interesting seems to happen in the short term I will presume the group moves along the path Tolan mentioned by Monday morning.]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sounds good to me!)

Aridha nods, committing the description to memory. It might mean nothing, or it might be a lead. For now though, finding the tracks seemed to be better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases