D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Forged Fury

First Post
[sblock=Q&A]
OOC: - She's a Circle of Moon Druid, the shapechanger focused branch. They get to take CR 1 forms when they join their Circle at level 2.
- During a turn in which you cast a spell using a bonus action, the only spell you can cast using your action is a cantrip with a casting time of one action (barring something like Action Surge, I think). Reference PHB pg. 202, Bonus Action Casting TIme
[/sblock]

YES!!! Feel my icy hatred! Archandros exclaimed in Damien's mind as Pike felt the chill of death upon attacking the warlock. "But if I were to be fighting like a halfling, I'd be losing... Damien quipped. Taking a firm hold on both daggers, he executed a masterful cross slash.

OOC: Action: Stabbity [roll0], [roll1]
Bonus Action: Stabbity Again [roll2], [roll3]

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss feels his body mend as he stares in surprise at the shape-changing druidess. These thoughts are fleeting, the pain of the second wave forcing him back to reality. I'm starting to hate water genasi he thinks to himself as he curses Shoalar and begins an incantation.

OOC: Use a bonus action to direct Hex on Shoalar (disadvantage on wisdom checks).
Cast sleep centered on F13 (no allies should be within spell range, and all enemies are), affecting following HP of foes in order of ascending remaining HP
[roll0]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: As Forged Fury reminded me in the OCC thread, here is a concentration check to maintain hex: DC = 15 (9 damage/2 rounded up):
[roll0]
Can't roll to save my life, so cancel cursing of Shoalar since Thaliss couldn't maintain Hex

Creamsteak

Explorer
Correction since Misty Step couldn't be used with another spell (that seems important), Shoalar didn't move. If the maps are slightly inconsistent it's because my version at the office is different from my version at home.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 331

Creamsteak

Explorer
Quick update for the above actions.

Initiatives
Damien 24 (27/27)
Aridha 21 (16/26) Human, (19/37) Tiger [Prone]
Tolan 13
Shoalar 13 (-28)
Bandits 11
Pike 11 (-28)
Thaliss 8 (4/26)

Thaliss: Thaliss spell fizzles.
Damien: Your two attacks land and wound the halfling. He looks up at you with a meek expression in his eyes. "Captain, these aren't silvers! Get rid of them!"

Shoalar responds, "I'm trying! Protect me!"

Nobody moved so no map update.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan does not allow the bandit's push to phase him. Instead he uses the momentum from the shove to shift his stance into 'Splitting the Raindrops' and continues his attack against the captain.

OOC: Rage continues (1/3 used - round 3/10 raging)
Resistance to bludgeoning, slashing, piercing
(also grants adv. on strength checks if anyone is silly enough to try pushing me again)

Stay put and Attack Shoalar (w/advantage)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Another crit! +1d10dmg.

Shayuri

First Post
With a roar, and a twist of feline agility, Aridha is back on her paws and bounding across the boat directly at Shoalar! She barrels into him, raking a claw down his front with force sufficient to knock a grown man prone...which would put him in a very bad spot indeed...

(Half move to get back to feet, then move to D9. This is 20', sufficient to Pounce! If her claw attack hits, Shoalar must make a Str save at DC 13 or be knocked prone. If he goes prone, Aridha gets her Bonus action bite attack...which I will roll now, just in case. Disregard the bite if he succeeds the save, or if her claw misses.)

Claw: [roll0] for [roll1]
Bite: [roll2] for [roll3]

(Note - If Shoalar is down before Ari moves, she does the same thing against Pike.)

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: : Holy smokes, Tolan is a crit monster!

I posted in the OOC thread, but just to clarify everything:

The DC for the Concentration check is only 10, so Thaliss would have made the check and maintained Hex. So he could use his bonus action to move the spell to Shoalar. The Sleep spell would have been unaffected by the damage, since it isn't concentration based. With that said, I'm not sure if anyone in the area of effect had 11 HPs or less at the time of the casting (it was before both Tolan's and Damien's most recent attacks). Sleep in 5E works on current HP, so it remains a pretty useful spell to finish a fight, even in later levels.

Also, Arhida needs to roll Concentration to maintain the Faerie Fire spell. Twice actually, as it was her first move and she's been hit by two spells since.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Damien 24 (17/27)
Aridha 21 (16/26) Human, (19/37) Tiger
Tolan 13
Shoalar 13 (-48)
Bandits 11
Pike 11 (-28)

Thaliss 8 (4/26)

The tiger on a boat leaps onto Shoalar, who has shore legs enough to keep standing. The claw draws blood... or water from the Genasi.

Tolan follows through and scores another solid hit.

"Sorry Pike, it was horrible knowing you, and I'll be at a loss to lose my boat, but it's too early to die today." This time Shoalar tries to teleport with his misty step out into the water. He then swims into the depths of the river.

The remaining bandit seems terrified and disengages from Tolan.

Pike calls out, "You damned mephit! I'll kill you in hell! And you too!" he takes two more stabs at Damien, both terrible misses.

OOC: Shoalar is off map and underwater slightly. I didn't include him on the map, but I'm curious if you have any viable methods to take him out or pursue him.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 322

Remove ads