Random Venomous Invective in 3...2...1...

Henry

Autoexreginated
i have determined, after consuming random media for the past year, that I am SICK TO DEATH of the increasingly popular term, "the feels." To the random faceless creators of youtube, internet, and TV content, I humbly ask...

GODS IN THEIR HEAVENS, HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TERM "PATHOS"????!!!!!???!!!?!!!!

It's been around for 2500 years, accurately describes a dramatic moment or situation that appeals to a person's emotions, and doesn't clumsily stuff an ill-fitting word into the role like a 2-year-old with a plastic inflatable hammer!!!

OK, thank you for listening to the onset of my early senility. I feel much better now.

P.S. To save someone else the trouble of posting this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/john_mcwhorter_txtng_is_killing_language_jk?language=en

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Definition of "pathos":

A) the best Musketeer
B) a mint that reacts interestingly with cola
C) something you do with your bills
D) the plural of "path"

Joker

First Post
Feels.jpg

MarkB

Legend
Count me as another person who hadn't encountered "the feels" prior to this thread.

C) something you do with your bills

I read that as "something you do with your balls", which led to an increasingly-uncomfortable series of speculations until I went back and re-read it.

Staffan

Legend
[video=youtube;HqNak_alEmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqNak_alEmo&t=4m[/video]

I'll just put this here.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Count me as another person who hadn't encountered "the feels" prior to this thread.

I read that as "something you do with your balls", which led to an increasingly-uncomfortable series of speculations until I went back and re-read it.

FWIW, I have heard the reference of "The Feels" being one's family jewels many times.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases