Help me identify the manufacturer of this d20!

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
d20 of Legacy.jpg

I have had this d20 since the mid-late 1990's.

A friend of mine ordered it for me from a catalog he had. The only thing I remember him saying about it was that it was "German-made."

This d20 has a lustrous finish, and smooth, rounded corners. It would roll, and roll, and roll if it you didn't stop it. I love the way it rolls.

It's numbered 0-9 twice, all numbers in white; I took a fine-tip, red Sharpie and inked half of those numbers randomly. Thus, it is now numbered 0-9 once in white, and 0-9 once in red.

It doesn't seem to be "cursed," and it doesn't seem to be "lucky," either; it tends to give both kinds of results on an even distribution, as far as I can tell.

I've already done a lot of digging on the internet, reading forums, doing Google searches, etc. I've covered most of the basic suggestions. I've looked at the major 5 or 6 dice manufacturing companies, as well as a TON of dice retailers, so far with no luck. Here's what I have found on the internet:

1) This isn't a Gamescience die, although I like the looks of those things, and might end up ordering a few of them.

2) It isn't an enasco.com math die, although those look nice as well.

3) It definitely isn't Chessex, Q-Workshop, Crystal Caste, or Artisan; none of their dice look similar to this.

4) It could possibly be Koplow, but I tend to think not; I've never seen a finish like this on a Koplow die, and I've also never known them to carry 0-9 twice d20's. But Koplow does have d20's that have smooth corners like my die does.

So....

If anyone knows of a dice manufacturer besides Koplow, Chessex, Q-Workshop, Gamescience, Crystal Caste, Artisan, or Enasco, please let me know, ESPECIALLY if the company is based in Germany, or anywhere else in Europe.

Or,

If anyone knows of any companies that are no longer in business / defunct, but still might have product floating around on the secondary / collector's market (e-Bay, Etsy, etc.) let me know that as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can possibly give me on my quest!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases