Tatters of the King [Recruiting] Realms of Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)

Yellow Sign

Explorer
[video]https://youtu.be/YKhJ_UOG4BE[/video]

TATTERS OF THE KING

The stars are right
Hastur's gaze gains brief focus upon the Earth.
And things change.

IT IS OCTOBER 1928.

London is the capital of an empire covering a quarter of the globe and governing one quarter of the human race. The people busy themselves with concerns of politics and government, finance and production, work and recreation. How fragile things are. What ignorance there is.

There are those who engage in different pursuits — who would see an inhuman power come to Earth such that it would make mundane activity seem like a last twitch before dying.

Over this winter its taint emerges: the sensitive and the weak feel it first. Few know the source, but some welcome it unconsciously — finding in it an enexamined thrill. Artists’ work is strangely influenced, and they mine this vein of creativity. Many exhibitions this season feature similar images: a social gathering gripped by repressed panic; a lake or marsh cloaked in mist; a presence just off-canvas. New fiction and theatrical releases offer scenes of upheaval and confusion that never reach a climax. Séances and mediumistic exhibitions bring untoward results and end in disruption. Others feel new lines of communication opening; some claim God is talking to them.

All feel the lure of the stars.

-------------

Tatters of the King is a Campaign from Chaosium which pits a group of investigators against the forces of the Great Old One Hastur! The game begins in London but the players will see many a haunted and exotic locales on their hunt to stop the King in Yellow.

I will require 2 to 6 investigators and I will provide a pool of pregenerated characters for you to pick from. I intend to use the Realms of Cthulhu rules which uses Savage Worlds as a base. I will go more into the rules once I get a group of players.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
It's only been a couple of days. You might want to wait a little longer. :)

Counterintuitively, the boards often slow down over weekends as well.

I wish this one were a go. I haven't time to participate directly, but I'd have followed it and enjoyed reading, I'm sure. I still really think Tatters of the King sounds uber cool: London, art, politics, and intrigue.

GreenKarl

First Post
Ohhh I have Realm of Cthulhu for Savage Worlds and never gotten to use it :) I am totally in if the game is still going OR starting again.

GreenKarl

First Post
Ah cool... well hope we get some folks. I am a big Savage World fan and ROC seems pretty cool. I like that there are lots of dials on how Gritty and Realistic you want to make the game also

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah...I have a question about that. I've got a peculiar yen to try a Creepy Waifish character, and this might be the sort of game that works in.

You know the type; thin, pale girl with sleepless bags under her eyes who creeps everyone out by saying weird things that turn out to be eerily accurate; may have psychic/magic powers, or may just be cray-cray.

Not sure how far the archetype goes in this partcular system/setting.

Edit - Oh, a tip. Put (Savage Worlds) after 'Realms of Cthulhu' in your thread title. I am willing to wager a lot of folks don't know Realms of Cthulhu is a Savage Worlds setting (I didn't), and would be more willing to take interest if it was something they knew they were already familiar with.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Edit - Oh, a tip. Put (Savage Worlds) after 'Realms of Cthulhu' in your thread title. I am willing to wager a lot of folks don't know Realms of Cthulhu is a Savage Worlds setting (I didn't), and would be more willing to take interest if it was something they knew they were already familiar with.

Done

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases