[OT?] Origins Awards Public Voting Open!

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I haven't seen this posted yet and, as I am affiliated with one of the nominees, I thought I'd mention it. :)

GAMA's Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts and Designs, presenter of the Origins Awards, has opened public voting for the 2003 awards.

http://www.aagad.org/originsawards/

Quick Plug (definitely OT): I'm one of the authors of "Management Material," a non-collectible card game that I am proud to say has been nominated for two awards: Best Traditional Card Game (the public may vote in this category) and Best Graphic Design (the public, unfortunately, may *not* vote in this category, but we think our artist is pretty hot stuff anyway :) ). If you enjoy "Management Material: General Office Edition," we'd be grateful for your vote. If you're not familiar with MM:GOE, we welcome you to find out more about it by visiting Zipwhaa, Inc. Thanks!

Marius Delphus said:

Quick Plug (definitely OT): I'm one of the authors of "Management Material," a non-collectible card game that I am proud to say has been nominated for two awards: Best Traditional Card Game (the public may vote in this category) and Best Graphic Design (the public, unfortunately, may *not* vote in this category, but we think our artist is pretty hot stuff anyway :) ). If you enjoy "Management Material: General Office Edition," we'd be grateful for your vote. If you're not familiar with MM:GOE, we welcome you to find out more about it by visiting Zipwhaa, Inc. Thanks!
I love "Management Material"--I actually brought it into work and played it there. I was planning on voting just so I could vote for it (saw it on the .pdf vote form a few weeks ago).

Any idea when the IT expansion pack will be published?

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
Bleah!

Apparently, they reserve the right to sell your personal information that they request for you to vote. See footnote on bottom of page.

I don't think so.

Balsamic Dragon

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Well, since you asked so nice... :)

Best forecast right now is "sometime this summer." The art is ready and the decks will be going to go to press the moment it becomes feasible. Thanks for asking! :)

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Balsamic Dragon said:
Bleah!

Apparently, they reserve the right to sell your personal information that they request for you to vote. See footnote on bottom of page.

I don't think so.

Balsamic Dragon

Unless, of course, you put "no" under "May we add the above information to our database and mailing list."

Or, just put in fake information if it really means that much to you.

Ranger REG

Explorer
You mean they finally fixed the damn thing?

Say, does the online ballot match the PDF ballot exactly? The last time I went there there is this one category (Best Game) that has only one game to choose, but the PDF ballot stated otherwise.

:rolleyes:

Then there was that glitch. If you make a correction to any one of the category (you change your mind so you uncheck your initial vote and check another), the supposedly "unchecked" vote is still counted as "checked" and it returns an error that I can only choose one (both votes are "checked" in one category).

:rolleyes:

Forgive me, but I'll wait for the official announcement when it circulates through the game news web sites.

Last edited:

Remove ads