(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Even if you burn down the grandwoods and send in "forest grunts"... its going to have the same effect as Agent Orange (if we remember Nam it was a chemical that removed foliage, but the Kong were mostly in cement bunkers issolated already and were still very hard to hurt.)

So I think your doing exactly what the americans did... send in marines and agent orange... should have gone with something that hasn't failed before.

My units in Grandwood abuse the "forest troops" by baiting them into our labarinth... The usual firing holes, traps, and some explosives to cave in areas are all part of the standard vietnam mix.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The evil forces from the Dark Swamp run right into the now colossal battle in progress in the Flinty Hills.
It is them plus the Dark Union against the Nyrondese, Flinty Hills, Garrel Enkdal, the Seldanoran Army plus dragons and celestials, the Swanmays, and a huge army of cloud and storm giants.
That battle rages, with no force able to pull out of the mess.

The fighting in Relmor Battle waxes furious.
Most of the ships of the Dark Union have been sunk, but now ships of the Varnaith Fleet are sinking, and a massive magical firefight is in progress, lighting up the bay like a hundred firework shows all at once.

Rel Mord REFUSES to send out a champion to fight Kas. They tell Kas where to go.
Then, when the Gnomish Fleet of Wildspace shows up over Rel Mord and starts bombarding the Legions of Kas, a great cheer goes up from the city.

Turrosh Mak posted -

Kelden's army bypasses the pomarj and makes a b-line for the wild coast.
Once there it is there they attack the shades.
Spelljammers from the lortmills attack the shades
Githzerai and my other planars attack the shade.

On my ships at sea, which carry Kas's troops: the unarmed soldiers are thrown into the ocean to drown

In the lortmills, the orcish legions stand side by side with the Gnomeish and dwarven armies of that land. The Black mage is there too.

- - -

The above betrayal (it couldn't be taken any other way by the forces of evil) changes the tide:

The advance of the Shades into the Welkwood and Celene is now blocked by a massive army.
The remaining Wild Coast forces cheer, and some stand dumbfounded in amazement that the orcs have apparently joined them.
The advance of the Armies of Shade is halted.

It makes a difference in the sea battle also.
Thanks to the betrayal by Turrosh Mak, the entire Navy of the Dark Union is sunk, as the archmages and others fighting against Varnaith are forced to flee for their lives.

Vecna, you tried to put up the Mythal in secret ... it was a gamble. It just didn't work out.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
alright then turrosh, see what you can do.

Firstly, all of Kas' troops have landed, if any are still onboard ships, they will rebel and take over the ships, executing the soldiers of the Pomarj in the process. Remember, mages and undead don't need weapons to be dangerous! Besides, there's many more of us on those ships. The mages on the ships will begin using telekenesis spells to break through the ship walls to the weapon storage rooms (being careful not to sink the ships) and our soldiers will arm themselves. If any of Kas' forces are not on ships, then all the better and this paragraph can be ignored.

we quickly assemble a defense force for the north to repel the invaders from the bone march. Again we use guerilla tactics & place rakshasas in charge of the smallest units thus increasing their efficiency in battle! :)

Finally, Kas delivers a mental message to Turrosh Mak: "Fiend, you dare betray me? You know not what you are up against, and will be quickly crushed before you can harm us. If you have any courage at all, perhaps you'd like a one on one duel to the death with me? If i win, your forces will stop their attacks and we will get the remainder of the Bone Marsh as our own. If you win? Well, you won't win. MUAHAHAH!"

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The evil forces from the Dark Swamp run right into the now colossal battle in progress in the Flinty Hills.
It is them plus the Dark Union against the Nyrondese, Flinty Hills, Garrel Enkdal, the Seldanoran Army plus dragons and celestials, the Swanmays, and a huge army of cloud and storm giants.
That battle rages, with no force able to pull out of the mess.

The fighting in Relmor Battle waxes furious.
Most of the ships of the Dark Union have been sunk, but now ships of the Varnaith Fleet are sinking, and a massive magical firefight is in progress, lighting up the bay like a hundred firework shows all at once.

Rel Mord REFUSES to send out a champion to fight Kas. They tell Kas where to go.
Then, when the Gnomish Fleet of Wildspace shows up over Rel Mord and starts bombarding the Legions of Kas, a great cheer goes up from the city.

Edena, my forces are attacking the Dark Union, not the nyrondise.

Alyx

First Post
Your mages may be dangerous, and your undead... but if you'll kindly recall, Turrosh removed your spell components and spell books to ease the packing of your troops.

I imagine that the sea swallowed that equipment quite nicely.

Not to mention that your troops are packed full in those ships (How else would one transport so many?). Without room to swing even something as small as a fist, well...

Might as well give up your fleet. Your mages may delay us, but they cannot win. 5 effective... PLs against my 17, against Kabooms however many, against Turrosh's ships...

Fight when you can win, and retreat when you can't.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The God-Emperor, along with his elite bodyguard, travels to the Flinty Hills to join the armies and destroy all our enemies in the area. A call goes out to all the (remaining) allies of the Dark Union to attack the treacherous vermin of Turrosh Mak's empire.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Regarding the Spelljammers attacking the forces of Kas- Our archmages will conduct raids of this form on them: 1)haste themselves; 2) next turn (i.e. six seconds) quickened teleport without error (from item) onto one of the spelljammers; 2) then fly & meteor swarm through the decks of the spelljammers (detonating the meteors where they will do maximum damage to the spelljammer, but not harm the mage). Rinse & repeat.

Let's see what happens to that cheer when the spelljammers start falling from the sky!

P.S.- any debris falling towards the legions of Kas is destroyed with wands of magic missile, fireball, etc... any debris falling towards the city is left alone.

Serpenteye

First Post
creamsteak said:
Even if you burn down the grandwoods and send in "forest grunts"... its going to have the same effect as Agent Orange (if we remember Nam it was a chemical that removed foliage, but the Kong were mostly in cement bunkers issolated already and were still very hard to hurt.)

So I think your doing exactly what the americans did... send in marines and agent orange... should have gone with something that hasn't failed before.

My units in Grandwood abuse the "forest troops" by baiting them into our labarinth... The usual firing holes, traps, and some explosives to cave in areas are all part of the standard vietnam mix.

The Americans had no will to win. We desire nothing more than victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases