(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
ooc: Whose color on the map is the light brown that regions such as the Crystalmists, Barrier Peaks, and Sulhaut Mountains have? I'd really like to know since they are my immediate neighbors. :p I first thought it might belong to William Ronald, but he has orange...

The map is here, BTW: Map!

Alyx

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Regarding the Spelljammers attacking the forces of Kas- Our archmages will conduct raids of this form on them: 1)haste themselves; 2) next turn (i.e. six seconds) quickened teleport without error (from item) onto one of the spelljammers; 2) then fly & meteor swarm through the decks of the spelljammers (detonating the meteors where they will do maximum damage to the spelljammer, but not harm the mage). Rinse & repeat.

Are these your Archmages that are currently attacking my fleets? I'm confused... so much going on... You seem to be attacking a city here :).

Mr. Draco

First Post
alyx- that doesn't mean they can't already have spells prepared. Silented, stilled spells :) besides with detect thoughts, they would have fore warning of the treachery, at least enough to do something.

By the way, that PL5 force isn't attacking head on. Just one or two ships at a time, preferably those that are the farthest away from help. Probable result: your ships start sinking, one by one, two by two, into the depths of the ocean. Or can each of your ships seriously stand up against a 5PL force for longer than 15-30 seconds?

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Regarding the Spelljammers attacking the forces of Kas- Our archmages will conduct raids of this form on them: 1)haste themselves; 2) next turn (i.e. six seconds) quickened teleport without error (from item) onto one of the spelljammers; 2) then fly & meteor swarm through the decks of the spelljammers (detonating the meteors where they will do maximum damage to the spelljammer, but not harm the mage). Rinse & repeat.

Let's see what happens to that cheer when the spelljammers start falling from the sky!

P.S.- any debris falling towards the legions of Kas is destroyed with wands of magic missile, fireball, etc... any debris falling towards the city is left alone.

Plese keep in mind that your mages are in a melee situation, which is not conductive to spellcasting. The dark swamp horde fell on you from behind and is now tearing into your arch-mages with glee

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Mr. Draco said:
alyx- that doesn't mean they can't already have spells prepared. Silented, stilled spells :) besides with detect thoughts, they would have fore warning of the treachery, at least enough to do something.
You might have detect thoughts, they probably have magical defenses against that. I know that I would. :D

And BTW, magic missile doesn't work against debris since debris is not a creature. :)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Turrosh Mak & Alyx- These spell jammers are attack my forces in NYROND!!! nowhere near the Dark Swamp or other places! Besides, even if it is a melee situation onboard the spelljammers, they have the element of suprise & high concentration checks, VERY high concentration checks. That's why they are archmages!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Dark Union may have lost it's fleet, but it now scores a major land victory.
Almor is overrun, it's cities falling to the onslaught of Union forces.

The Union forces meet up with the easternmost elements of the Legions of Kas, and meet in friendship.

The Dark Union finds the Grandwood a death trap. They lose thousands of men before even realizing just HOW BADLY the whole place has been boobytrapped.
The defenders have tunnels, they have traps across every glade, they are fighting the finest kind of guerilla warfare.
And they are being helped by Planars.
The Dark Union realizes that the Grandwood battle is going to be a long one.
THIS one they are in for the long haul.

The Dark Union has better success finding and killing the enemy elements that came out of the Grandwood.

In the north, the combined armies of Creamsteak and Turrosh Mak, along with the defenders of the Eastern League, and now a great force from the Sky-Sea League, drive the forces of the Dark Union back with great loss from the Flinty Hills and from Garrel Enkdal.
The Legions of Kas offer their aid to the forces of the Union, now in retreat.
From Adri Forest, the Lost Elves emerge, and they also offer their aid.
The Planar Army of the Dark Union stands at the ready also.
Forces fresh from conquering Almor offer to help.

It would appear the Hellmaster has refused the challenge of Sanctus.
Instead, he has launched a counterattack against Delrune and it's lands.

The forces of Kas have overrun the entire southern half of Nyrond.
They still have not taken Rel Mord, the capital, although both sides have lost tens of thousands in the awful battle for the city.

In the west, Verbobonc is abandoned, and the whole of the eastern Gnarley, as the defending forces pull back and consolidate.

In the Crystalmists and Barrier Peaks, the forces of the Kevellond League search for the drow in vain.
It would appear the drow have retreated deep underground.
IF the forces of the Kevellond League wish to go down after them, Williams had better tell me.

Ket has not attacked the Baklunish, or done anything yet.

The Valley of the Mage is still holding out against the assault from the Kevellond League and the Coalition of Light and Shadow.
The Robots of the Barrier Peaks light up the skies as they turn their laser guns and cannons on the attacking forces.
The Kevellond League and their allies are beaten back from the crashed spaceship, with the robots in hot pursuit.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Right...

After my first few ships fall, those undisiplined ships that actually left the fleet due to some foolhardy overconfidence, the fleet makes sure that all the ships are back in our normal hunting formation.

When the mages appear, our combined mages, druids, and the extremly powerful cleric Anfaren deal with them.

Also, Mr. Draco... are these the same Archmages that are fighting over that city? Becuase if they are, you suddenly pulled a lot of ARCHmages out of your hat. Does Kas truly have that many under his command?

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Turrosh Mak said:

Plese keep in mind that your mages are in a melee situation, which is not conductive to spellcasting. The dark swamp horde fell on you from behind and is now tearing into your arch-mages with glee

Of couse not. Our mages are no fools. They are buffed up and protected with all kinds of spells and are flying invisibly over the armies. They do not just stand there with a big target sign painted on their backs.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
The prince of swords and his army, as well as the armies of alyx push hard into the Shadows ranks. Lizard folk druids call upon the forces of nature to aid them. The Dao use there natural Transmute rock to mud to inhibit there movements. The Gith spelljammers harrass them from the air with fireballs and lightning bolts.
Once they have been softened up a bit, Kalden leads his main force against the shades. The earth Elementals lead the attack brushing asside any who get in thier way.

---------------------

In Nyrond the Dark Swamp force tears into kas's troops, using the confusion of the battle to there best advantage. they target any spell casters who try to cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads