(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
The Lortmils will assist in fighting off any forces that are coming our way. I read through all the posts, but am confused on exactly what is happening (war is hell, eh?). I think that someone is coming through Ulek, and thus the Lortmils will try to help fend them off. Also, if any of our planar friends other than the Earth Elementals (I summoned them in Turn 0 somewhere) showed up, they'll go and help out in Ulek, as well.

Any spare troops we have (and the Earth Elementals, if they showed up), we will load up with as many firearms and demolitions as possible (we won't do that for the Elementals, they have fists), and Teleport w/o Error them to where Vecna's and Kas' forces are beating each other up. They've been ordered to fire (beat) upon Kas' forces, as well as anyone from the Dark Union.

The force that was coming through Ulek was me, and they are currently fighting the shade in the wild coast with alyx

Back in his chambers, Phibrizzo frowns...

Perhaps it was best I did not bring any large amount whatsoever into battle, Phibrizzo smiles, after all, I have to save them for when the real fun begins...

Phibrizzo will concentrate on his forces defending the warlord league nations from the attack of Sanctum's elves.

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League Responds

Here are my actions:

Fall back from attacking the drow. (I suspect lots of traps in the deep earth and will notFortify my defensessend help to the battle against the shade in the wild coast. send troops to dyvers before the shades get entrenched. Send troops to Greyhawk to help with Iuz's attack (and to hit him if he is helping the shades.) If not, I will block the troops.

I am also sending the Knights of the Hart and the Fellowship of the Heart and some more troops to defend Dyvers.

I build trenches and earthworks. As my troops depart, they seek to collapse caverns and passages to the deep earth. Trip wires are set. And every trap I can manage.

If it seems I can claim the robots without further heavy casualties, I will do so. If it looks bad, just retreat.

Darkness has stated that Erypt is helping me with Zindia. I believe he posted earlier.

A dwarven general, Turvan Kurrir addresses his troops in the Yeomanry:

"Men, we have left the caverns to the drow lairs and those of their allies behind. We have won victories. Let us fortify for the future."

Trenches are dug. Help is sent to the wild coast.

A message is sent to Iuz: "Where are your troops heading. Do not seek to take any of my territory."

The demideities Heward and Keoghtom, having delayed troops and helped with fortifications move. Keoghtom appears in Dyvers. Heward appears in the Wild Coast to help his allies.

Archcleric Hazen sends messages of support and congratulation to his allies. "The Kevellond League is eternally greatful for the help of its allies in this hour. We are leaving the Underdark fortifications to a latter time. Geoff is free! I am sending troops to the wild coast. We ask how we can aid our brothers in arm. Regardless of what occurs, my people are safe for now. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and the core of my being."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The God-Emperor rallies the forces of the Dark Union and temporarily retreat from the field leading the armies in person.
Spelljammers are attacked by mages using multiply enlarged antimagic zones and Mordenkainen's disjunctions are cast in the engine rooms of the mountainjammers positioned over the enemy armies.

Bonedagger

First Post
I don't know about this. I just know that I stated that if things would go against Vecna. As in his experience. He and his army would teleport away (Think I mentinod that with the army). Risking being trapped would, in my opinion, count for that and hey. He uses 10th level magic.... I dunno anymore. People all seems to have their own idea of what is possible.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
It is too late to save Dyvvers, Williams. The Shades are firmly in control of it and all the land around.
You arrive in time to save Verbobonc and the Gnarley Forest.

You are forced to retreat from the robots.
The robots, do not give chase, fortunately for the Kevellond League (which has just learned the hard way what laser guns do.)

A second force has retreated from the Battle of the Flinty Hills.
With the loss of the forces of the Sky-Sea League AND the loss of the forces of the Dark Swamp, the Dark Union is gaining the upper hand in the battle.
The Seldanoran Army is being forced back, beaten back, and their Nyrondese allies and Giant allies are falling back with them.
Even with the help of the dwarves and gnomes from above, the Dark Union is winning.

- - -

And now, based on the statement above, they are throwing victory away.
The Dark Union is retreating from the battlefield.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Wow, that's a big ol' bullet

Well, since you didn't specifically state otherwise, I'm assuming Anabstercorian used his sensing of the future ability to get the heck out of dodge before the mountain hits. He Planeshifts to the Astral immediately to avoid being crushed in to infintesimal specks.

With the illithid equivalent of a sigh, he shrugs his shoulders. Vecna is far, far more powerful than him, more powerful than he had ever dreamed possible by anything at all.

For kicks, he planeshifts to Toril and chats with the borderguard for a bit, asking em' how life down on Toril is. He encourages them to keep the Angel Gates open for a while longer. Things are going to heat up, he says.

After that, he heads back to Solistarim headquarters, smites a few Skum to blow off steam, and then relaxes in his luxurious personal slime pool. He checks his new life force level. (How many XP did I get from the massive melee?)

(OOC: NEXT on LIFESTYLES of the REALLY EVIL and REALLY POWERFUL, Vecna! Come visit the skull fells of the unnatural undead force that is the God of Secrets.)

(BTW, Edena - This is fairly important. My e-mail is currently down - I can send but not receive. In my future e-mails, I'll send you a series of coded answers - For example, "Frog tuna fish melt" might mean, "Yes, Anabstercorian, your crazy crackpot plan works, and you have gained a decisive advantage. "Gorkamorka" might mean, "Goddamn, I pity da fool that is you, Anabstercorian." For my current crazy plan, which I have e-mailed you, just tell me - Is it feasible? If so, I put it in to place. If you level the world in my abscence, I'm playing defensively.)

Rhialto

First Post
Re: The Kevellond League Responds

William Ronald said:
Here are my actions:

Fall back from attacking the drow. (I suspect lots of traps in the deep earth and will notFortify my defensessend help to the battle against the shade in the wild coast. send troops to dyvers before the shades get entrenched. Send troops to Greyhawk to help with Iuz's attack (and to hit him if he is helping the shades.) If not, I will block the troops.

I am also sending the Knights of the Hart and the Fellowship of the Heart and some more troops to defend Dyvers.

I build trenches and earthworks. As my troops depart, they seek to collapse caverns and passages to the deep earth. Trip wires are set. And every trap I can manage.

If it seems I can claim the robots without further heavy casualties, I will do so. If it looks bad, just retreat.

Darkness has stated that Erypt is helping me with Zindia. I believe he posted earlier.

A dwarven general, Turvan Kurrir addresses his troops in the Yeomanry:

"Men, we have left the caverns to the drow lairs and those of their allies behind. We have won victories. Let us fortify for the future."

Trenches are dug. Help is sent to the wild coast.

A message is sent to Iuz: "Where are your troops heading. Do not seek to take any of my territory."

The demideities Heward and Keoghtom, having delayed troops and helped with fortifications move. Keoghtom appears in Dyvers. Heward appears in the Wild Coast to help his allies.

The Scarlet Brotherhood offers aid to the League, in return for the above stated deal. Interested?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have not received your e-mail yet, Anabstercorian.
Try sending it multiple times.

The spelljamming gnomes and dwarves start taking severe losses from the attacks of the Archmages of the Dark Union, and since the battle is breaking up ... I am guessing they are retreating.

The Legions of Kas are being beaten down.
Although they are fighting hard, the 10 to 1 odds are too much for them, and nobody can stand against Vecna.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases