Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
Posting Schedule Cont.

Well, I could suggest taking a slightly two speed approach to things - at least to try it out first before potentially doubling everyone's workload. So where there isn't story critical input required, just continue anyway after an appropriate amount of time. If it is story critical, then a simple PM or OOC post saying "This needs something in 48 hours", be that either a full post or a direction of some sort, this allows the story to progress with all the input needed, not necessarily all the input possible. I guess if you're waiting for "Is there anything else you want to do before acting?" sort of posts, then just flipping the bird and saying "Time's up" is largely fine by me. If there's something vital, it can be addressed in post or reworked later on....but mainly, tough.

So as an example, my last 2 posts were, in my opinion, largely unimportant. The first was mostly agreeing with Ersun and adding some fluff to the plan (non-essential), and the most recent was essentially a "Yeah I'm good to go post".....Yes you might lose a little characterisation and depth, but it's probably not worth it at the expense of holding everything up.

I know I have an issue with brevity, and I struggle sometimes to construct posts that focus tightly on what's necessary (case in point, the last post took 250 words to say "Lead on Ren") because it feels like I'm not addressing something. Consequently I'm hunting around for a clean patch of 60-90 mins to construct my post.....

But anyway - I'd say maybe trying to push ahead when it's not vital, and flagging when it is, might be worth an experiment to see if it fixes most of the issue???

I do not think I'd have the capacity to play two games. Otherwise, in topic of the pace of this game I completely agree with Hillsy's proposal.

Ok fair enough, thank you for the constructive response Hillsy. We will press on with your suggestion. If anyone else has any further complaints about the pace of Dark Days in Sion after this point, please let it be known. I want to do my best to be sure everyone gets a chance to play and enjoy themselves.

I will also go ahead with the secondary campaign idea I had. More details will follow shortly.

narayan

Explorer
Dread Marches in Sion

Dread%20Marches%20in%20Sion%20Banner.jpg~original

So I have decided to go ahead and start a secondary campaign called Dread Marches in Sion. This game will be set on the continent of Mgorongoro. I realized (thanks to a comment from THawk) that the map for Mgorongoro on the Sion Wiki page on Obsidian Portal was rather blurry. I have since pulled the original map out of storage and taken a better picture for clarity. (I have already replaced the picture on the Sion Wiki page of course)

This campaign will be set in the Commonealth of Athenea, specifically in the state of Dreadhelm in the east. Characters created for this game will start at level 4. The posting frequency for this game will be every 48 hours, and I will be more strict about this compared to Dark Days in Sion.

The link to the START HERE! thread with the current character roster is: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...in-Sion-pbp-START-HERE!&p=6965497#post6965497

Let me know if you are interested.

97mg

Explorer
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to wish you all an awesome Christmas :D Its been great writing with you and look forward to more.
Have fun folks!
Ivo

narayan

Explorer
Greetings and happy 2017 everyone! I am sorry for the lapse in posting but rest assured I will be posting again this weekend. Looking forward to carrying on with renewed enthusiasm! :D

Hillsy7

First Post
Hey Dude,

Welcome back! Looks like my email alerts have turned themselves off so I'm glad I checked! Hope everything's cool and the xmas period was good for you and yours.....and happy 2017

Remove ads