Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
DDSnewheaderbloody_zps6183e780.png
This is the place for all out-of-character discussion regarding the Dark Days in Sion play-by-post game.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Introduction [Tellerian Hawke] "Bad Bill"

Ok, so, here goes...

My ENWorld username is Tellerian Hawke. Real name: Christopher or just "Chris." (My family and friends call me Chris, so you guys do the same :) ) I tend to go by Christopher at the office. I'm a professional librarian / administrator, and I've been playing D&D since 1979.

Anyway, my character is an Elven Archer named Billanverthorne Varenneth, aka "Bad Bill."

No one knows much about Bill, except the rumors floating around that he was once a soldier, and that he was kicked out of the army because he was wild and bloodthirsty. Most people think he's an unknown quantity, i.e., he's "bad company." ... He's about 6'2", and he's rail-thin, although he is sinewy, and looks to be very athletic. The breastplate that he wears looks to be Elven military issue, although it's a bit dinged up, here and there. He carries a large, composite longbow, and on his back, next to his quiver, in a quick-draw scabbard rig, is a nice-looking greatsword that looks to be of Elvish make. His stern countenance isn't very friendly; he looks to be a rough customer. You notice that the local con men, who are usually all over newcomers, give him a wide birth. It's as if they know better than to approach him...

Narayan told me to tell you the following:

narayan said:
Go ahead and introduce yourself to the group in the OOC discussion thread. Also, inform everyone for me that I tried to change my email address on EN World and now it won't let me re-activate my account and post anything in the threads. I've emailed the administrator but I dunno how long it'll take before it gets fixed.

narayan

Explorer
Thanks for posting that for me Hawke. The admin fixed that for me his morning so all is well now. Great customer service on this forum I like it!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I see that you are possibly looking for new players; are there open slots? What is the expected post rate/progression of the campaign? I have read up on the home world rules, I feel like it's not too complicated to get a grasp on. I have not read up on any of the In Character posts, as I keep that out unless its' relevant. Makes role playing a little more interesting.

narayan

Explorer
Open Slots Available

I see that you are possibly looking for new players; are there open slots? What is the expected post rate/progression of the campaign? I have read up on the home world rules, I feel like it's not too complicated to get a grasp on. I have not read up on any of the In Character posts, as I keep that out unless its' relevant. Makes role playing a little more interesting.

Hello and welcome, yes there are open slots. I expect players to post every 48 hours or less. Most of us do a pretty good job of that so the game is progressing at a good rate thus far.

Here are some links to other game-relevent threads you'll wanna look at.

Game Invite Thread ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466447-Dark-Days-in-Sion-play-by-post )

Start Here! Thread ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466446-Dark-Days-in-Sion-pbp-START-HERE! )

List of all characters ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?467360-Dark-Days-in-Sion-pbp-LIST-OF-ALL-CHARACTERS )

Current Game Thread ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?469928-Dark-Days-in-Sion-Part-2-Act-1-Scene-3 )

Last edited:

97mg

Explorer
Welcome Tellerian! Great to have you on board. Damn I'm enjoying this game a lot, excited about the next scene too :D

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Yeah, I love it so far, I think I'm finally getting into the mindset for Bill, and being able to play him instinctively. That's always the hardest thing about creating a new character (at least for me); getting to know the character well enough to be able to think like him is the point that must be reached, if one desires his character to be believable / convincing. I think I'm just about there.

I can't wait for the party to be all together in the same place! It will be fun to see what we can accomplish together!

narayan

Explorer
Yes good to have you with us Tellerian, your elf is a fun character!

Btw, based on your counsel I have just edited the spot/listen penalties for helms in the house rules.

Please take note anyone who wears a helm or plans on it.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Intro - Svexyn

Svexyn is a wanderer by nature lately. Not tall, but not short, he usually keeps his leather vest and hooded jerkin over his chain shirt along with a few daggers about his body. Otherwise, he seems like an ordinary adventurer barely out of his teens. That is, except for his spiked chain that he keeps wrapped around his torso and ready to be used as needed.

What's even more strange, is his two followers. Having needed some people with local knowledge, he found Mogan and Folg recently and hired their services. Hopefully he won't regret it, having a half dwarf and kobold running around with a human outsider. He's on his own quest, having been given a task to find a certain missing person.

As for me, I've been around these boards for quite a while, played plenty of campaigns, and pretty familiar with 3.5 and Pathfinder rules. I've DM'ed plenty of times, on other play by post sites, a swell as played in plenty of games. I've only read the past scene, and looking to see how you all fill in the blanks. I like not reading the past posts, makes things more interesting being in the dark ;) I've been out of the loop for years, but back to enjoy what I've missed for the past 8 or so years.

Hope we get to meet up in the storyline soon and see just how well we mesh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases