Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
I think the issue is Ersun that you are trying to use the tapatalk app? I managed to get the .pdf you sent, very good record, give yourself a bonus fate point for sending that. I will use some of that for sure, but for now go ahead and respond to what I've posted.

narayan

Explorer
Act 3: Scene 2 Edits

Ok everybody, you'll notice I've edited the last several posts a lot and I did so for the following reasons;

Firstly I want the game thread to read like a story... so if certain posts reference earlier posts I'd rather cut-and-paste that response into the earlier post to make it more streamlined. It also makes it clearer about who does what first.

Towards that end, I'm asking that everyone do a better job of communicating among'st yourselves about who intends to do what so you're not stepping on each others toes or getting overridden before you have a chance to speak up. If you see a post that contradicts your post or interferes with your planned action, send a PM to that player asap (and myself; the dungeon master) to make it known that you'd like them to edit it one way or another.

As a player, if you get a request to edit your post... you should immediately add a note to the post that an edit-is-pending even before you actually make the edit (assuming the edit takes longer than a few minutes). That keeps confusion to a minimum and prevents a chain-reaction of further edits on subsequent posts.

Secondly, there may be some 'skipping ahead' by a player that I want to postpone. Usually its a delay for conversation or RP, but sometimes skill checks or other unresolved actions need to be done before the subsequent action declared by the player can be made. In these cases, I may simply cut certain sections out of a post until a more appropriate moment arises to re-post them. This is not to spite anyone's plans, it is simply done for the sake of the reason stated above; and also to give every player a chance to make posts and react to events.

This is not a perfect system, play-by-posts will always have drawbacks and setbacks. I just want every player to be aware of the fact they are merely part of a story, not the center of it. Don't presume too much. If you have any doubts, feel free to send me a 'draft' of your post before its actually posted to prevent issues I mentioned in the first two points.

Lastly, I am aware there was a conversation between Aust and Avar about Avar's sundered-dwarf visitors made in the original Act 3: Scene 2. I have decided to postpone that conversation until the next morning to avoid splitting up the group and giving everyone a chance to rest before any side-quest-action like that takes place. I feel this is a fair compromise towards the spirit of the game vs the actual records of the game.

That is all; long live sion!

97mg

Explorer
This all sounds good to me. Continuation and flow like a story is something I prefer too, almost as though like filming, with scenes which cut at moments which "feel right". Within scenes, shots jump between the various characters as their stories unfold.

No worries with the edit you made to Aletia btw, all good.

Can we perhaps stick to a specific posting sequence, with DM replies in between? I'm always tempted to reply as soon as you post something for me to chew on, but if you ever need / want to set a particular order that you want characters to reply in, that's cool. Maybe a specific pattern that we work in would help... not sure, I'm more used to less technical writing based projects where everyone has to tag back in a specific order that is set depending on who is where, and what is generally happening.

Damn it is nice having this game back off the ground. Thanks to all of you for making it so damn fun, and very engrossing :)

On "Aletia: Hands off!". As Ersun asks if he may, I did mean that he would wait for some sort of consent before casting the spell (asking otherwise is just false modesty). I'm sorry if that was unclear, I suppose it was.

97mg

Explorer
On "Aletia: Hands off!". As Ersun asks if he may, I did mean that he would wait for some sort of consent before casting the spell (asking otherwise is just false modesty). I'm sorry if that was unclear, I suppose it was.

Hey no need to apologise matey :) These kinds of events are all good fun, and I do love posts with a bit of surprise in em. I was honestly torn between "a girlish giggle and a thank you", and the "what the hell is he doing!" options. The beauty of writing is sometimes the way people interpret things differently hehe :) After a bit of reflection (and direction from our DM), it made sense with all things considered IC about the character, that she'd likely not take it very well.

If Ersun had explained what he was offering to do, the outcome might have been different, but either way, having a spell cast on you after a really crappy day, by a race you don't understand, when under the pressure of delivering a message to heap of weird folks in the early hours of the morning, there would always have been a little suspicion.

What's cool is the options for roleplay between the two from here on in. A classic tale of two unusual friends who grew to like/love/respect each other, and often laugh when reminiscing about the night they met? They share a common purpose and potential allegiance for the greater things at play it would seem :)

It's great to have a character in the mix on this storyline now too. The fun will be finding a way to keep ourselves in character, yet still function as a group... if that is the plan.

One thing is for sure, our DM never ceases to surprise us! Who knows what twisted path he has laid out for our wacky mix of folk.

Long live Sion!

Hope you are all well too. I haven't been writing much the last few months. New job is nuts, almost a clown-show, but this game is so engaging that there will always be space for it in my day.

*group hug*

Ivan.

Last edited:

97mg

Explorer
Hi guys, given we have a lot of folks at Jabbar's place, I wondered if Narayan might like the idea of sticking to a set posting order? It might slow things down... dunno, but it would give everyone an equal chance to reply and react to things.

Something like, DM, Aust, Burrai, Aletia, Ersun? This is a guess at our current flow, and of course the DM can always interdict at will :)

Bill is resting Yea? We can slot him in later if that suits.

Just an idea, in case it helps?

narayan

Explorer
I wouldn't really care as long as there was a consensus about a posting order. Presently though it seems like there isn't a lot of interest in participating in certain scenes (except for players who are sleeping in-character of course) which makes it seem like I should just skip ahead. If I don't get anymore posts tonight I will just do that.

Hillsy7

First Post
Yo,

Hopefully I didn't step on anyones toes there.....I tried to incorporate what everyone suggested they wanted to do into the post and knit it together somehow.....if I screwed up and you wanted your character to do something else, let me know and I'll amend the post accordingly....

....Otherwise I'm eager to get moving and kick some Black Network arse..... =0)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases