Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
Scene 3 Discussion

Just wanted to say great job to everyone. Scene 2 was good but Scene 3 was even better! That sort of deep character development, meaningful dialogue and brave combat makes for a great story. You should all be proud of your contributions. I couldn't be happier with the progress at this point so keep up the good work!

We should get at least two of the three groups connected in this next scene. I expect Burrai and Billanverthorne will meet first, followed by Svexyn and the main group. Ersun may end up with the other PC's next scene as well, depending on how he plays things out. (It will help if he posts more frequently :p )

I have been working diligently adding information to Obsidian Portal about the Quresh, The Sezzara Wasteland, and other things about the world that we discuss in game I do my best to add to the Wiki. I have decided to try and challenge myself to fully map out the political boundaries of Akhenaten before the end of the year. That means several other kingdoms and different cultures will likely arise before I'm finished. Should be interesting!

Also, don't be shy about asking game-related questions (even hypotheticals) in here. I won't give away too much in way of OOC knowledge, but I'll do my best to help explain the way the rules and the world work. Don't forget, I'm happy to involve players in the world-building and rule-making process as well.

Last edited:

97mg

Explorer
Thank you Narayan!

It really is a wonderful game and story, thanks for all your hard work :)

Looks like a level up for Wrenwil woohoo! I'll get the character sheet all sorted out etc.

Peace,
Ivo

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hypothetical question #1... if somehow enough fate points we're saved up to take a feat, does it have to be used at that time, or can they be "banked" and used, but a feat selected at a later level?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, new post - something that hopefully helps you all out. There is a Spoiler feature enabled which means you can use (sblock) text goes here (/sblock) to allow you to write out information, notes, etc that is only displayed if the reader clicks the Spoiler button. Just replace the parenthesis with brackets [] to get it to work. I used to be a forum moderator on another site, and these tips are coming back slowly one by one.

Example:
[sblock]Congrats, you have clicked the Spoiler button. Wish there was more to offer, except to note that you can click a button![/sblock]
[sblock=Don't Click This Button] Well, apparently, some people can't read. Then again, I would have clicked it too ;) [/sblock]
By default, if you just use the standard spoiler feature, it displays it as SPOILER button. You can alter this text to anything you want it to show, such as DON'T CLICK THIS BUTTON. Just edit the (spolier=Don't Click This Button) and viola!

In the past, we used it for Knowledge Checks, meaning instead of waiting for results, the DM could post :
Make a Knowledge Local Check for Results:
[sblock=Result less than 15]You realize that your futile attempts to learn about this region might be better served swinging a wooden sword. You couldn't tell if this was a town or a hovel...[/sblock][sblock=Results 15 through 20]You know that the local rainfall makes the raining season one to remember. The nearby stream swells during this time and local fishing is best done during those months.[/sblock][sblock=Results 21+]Having grown up nearby, you know that there is a nearby cave that used to be used by an adventure group that has long gone missing. Might be a good time to investigate and pilfer what was left. Luckily, you know one of the stablehands that knows exactly where to look.[/sblock]

Or for , or even to have a single post with each person clicking their own Spoiler for their character results from a DC 15 Spot Check for all three characters:
[Sblock=Svexyn Spot Result]You note that two people are whispering and pointing in your direction[/sblock][sblock=Mogan Spot Result]Mogan notes that there is a perched crow that has taken an uncanny interest in your conversation, as it cocks its head to the side listening to Svexyn and Folg. Crows are not usually seen in this part of the desert..[/sblock][sblock=Folg Spot Result]A Squirrel!![/sblock]
It can have plenty of uses, and one the DM used to require us to do in another long forgotten campaign was to have our Character Quick Stats in each of our posts, for quick reference. Something like:

[sblock=Svexyn Quick Stats]
Level 3, Init 2, HP 35/35, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 2
Cold Iron MW Cold Iron Spiked Chain +6 to hit (2d4+4, x2) Reach, Adjacent, Trip, +2 Disarm[/sblock]

As you can see, plenty of opportune uses, and for spellcasters, an easy way to keep track of spells per day uses within each post for easy tracking. Even tables, to keep track of your spells in easier to read format. Tables are a lot more involved, so if you want me to build you a custom one, just let me know what you want it to show, and I can get it done. Example Spell Tracker WITHOUT and WITH a Table:

[sblock=Spell Tracking without Table]
Spells Per Day 3/2/1/0/0/0/0/0
Uses Left 1/2/0/0/0/0/0/0 [/sblock]
[sblock=Spell Tracking with Table]
Spell Level0123456789
Spells Known4321000000
Spells Left2100000000
[/sblock]

Hope it helps! And sorry for the long read... I ramble at times...

97mg

Explorer
I'm cool to use spoilers if that's what you guys decide is a good way forwards, also cool with stat blocks etc.

Wrenwil wants one of the ancient instant text messaging magics, although back then I reckon sending stones were called iStones :D

narayan

Explorer
Excellent suggestion there Fangor, give Svexyn another Fate Point for that useful OOC contribution to the game. Or, if you prefer, you can give a Fate Point to one of your henchmen who might need it more than you do someday lol

That's true 97mg, many magic items are essentially fanciful copies of common technology in modern times. Btw just sent you a PM here on ENWorld.

97mg

Explorer
Made a little stats block spoiler and dropped it into Wren's last post, let me know if there is anything else you'd like in there :D

narayan

Explorer
Penandpapergames down?

So as of last weekend looks like the old forum (penandpapergames.com) is down. Maybe permanently this time. This is a bummer because there is like... 10 scenes worth of storyline there for backstory that went *poof*. I'm not really a web-savvy guy, I dunno how to download threads and such for backups otherwise I would have done it a while ago. I can't even track down the email address of the forums administrator in case there's anything he can do while its offline.

I dunno if anyone of our current players did any note-taking regarding anything from penandpaper while it was still up? If so let me know.

Remove ads