Is it jsut me or is everyone just jaded?

cmad1977

Hero
Bryan Fuller's Pushing Daisies was wonderful. His Hannibal is also remarkably good -- I got into it about two weeks before the cancellation announcement!

I've heard great things about Mr. Robot, BTW. Oh, and Sense8 on Netflix is wildly ambitious, unlike anything else (well, except for Cloud Atlas), effing great, and just got renewed for at least one more season.

Mr robot is dope, and I'm glad to hear sense8 got another season. I wonder how big the following is. I imagine some of the subject matter/protagonists rub folks the wrong way

Mallus

Legend
Mr robot is dope, and I'm glad to hear sense8 got another season. I wonder how big the following is. I imagine some of the subject matter/protagonists rub folks the wrong way
My wife and I will probably check out Mr. Robot next. We're still working our way through a Korean SF series on Hulu: Joseon X-Files, or Secret Investigation Record. It really is the X-Files set in the Joseon Dynasty. There's even a Cigarette Smoking Man.

I don't think Netflix releases viewer data. They didn't announce the renewal of Sense8 as quickly as some of their other productions, so you can make of that what you will. But yeah, the treatment of human sexuality is going to put off some audience segments, which is a shame, because Sense8 is the best thing both the Wachowskis and JMS have done in a while (and I *liked* the recent Wachowski siblings movies!).

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Firefly was new and innovative. FOX didn't like that, and sabotaged the show before it even started airing before cancelling it outright. I'm guessing Joss pissed off someone within the industry political structure.

Remove ads