Problem with Cry baby player

Junkheap

First Post
In this group we play with, we have this player that is a munchkin to the extreme. Being a munchkin is fine to a point. But this person in all the campaigns we play in usually has about at least 5 classes, most of them being prestige, yes prestige. He usually picks classes that are front loaded to make an uber character. I complain about it and told him about it and he says it all makes sense. I know there is no limit to the amount of prestige classes, but this is just ridiculous.

In other campaigns, he usually calls the actions of other players stupid as well as cry when someone does not want to do somehting he wants, or make something he wants. In the case of making something he wants, he basically throws a hissy fit and cries to the DM to let him change his character due to the fact that the other player will not make him a magical item.

Either way, i dont know what to do with him. Any suggestions?

Striderman

First Post
Well, I don't know how much of a friend you guys might be to each other, but I say either lay down the law or dump him from the games. Even better, talk to the other players as well, and make it a group effort.

Akunin

First Post
ERM%209.jpg

In all seriousness, though, if he's a problem, tell him about it. If the other players and DM feel the same way, making it known that his game-disrupting tendencies are unwelcome should have one of two effects: He'll either change, or he'll find another game.

I have a very low cheese tolerance when it comes to games, and my players know that while they are free to min-max to a degree, they'd better have a damn good reason if i ask them about an aspect of their character. That many Prestige Classes is just rediculous.

Sounds like your DM has given up the control to the player. PrCs are supposed to be a part of the "DM's toolbox" and not something players can simply pick and choose from, like ordering items off a menu.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Are you the Dm of the group? It sounds like you're not. That makes is more difficult to handle but I would still try to talk to the guy with the Dm present of course (talk to the DM first though so he knows what your problems are and why).

A calm, mature discussion is the best way to try first just between you, the problem player and the DM.

If there are larger issues involved (ie the DM & player are relatives or BF/GF etc.) than it might be a better idea to talk to the other players first and see if they feel the same way as you (given what you have told us so far they probably do) and then have all the players talk to the DM and problem player.

It is important to stress that you should try not to appear to be 'ganging up' on anyone - try to be calm and reasonable (I have had things like this happen before but I never seem to follow my own advice, hope your situation works out better than mine did :( )

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Akunin himself point to the right path... Get him to play Call of Cthulu for a while. Or Paranoia.

The lesson he needs to learn is that PCs are ultimately expendable and the goal of RPGing is not to win. Living and dying are just parts of the story.

Ulrick

First Post
Even if he's a friend, get the DM to warn him. Of if your the DM yourself, warn him. If you've already done that and it didn't work or if it doesn't work dump him from the group.

If warning him does work, let him stay.

D&D is supposed to be enjoyable by everybody playing. If somebody or a few are ruining it for the majority, they simply should be kicked out of the group.

Ulrick

Last edited:

adndgamer

First Post
You could always be a rat bastard and kill the whiney little uber-munchkin. Play a wizard and 'accidentally' catch him on the fringe of a fireball. Or, conveniently forget that a lightning bolt will rebound off of stone. :D

Though, as I said, this is a rat bastard way of going about it, however efficient it may be.

adndgamer

First Post
What!? Damned! Hm.. Well, in MY campaign, lightning bolt bleedin' rebounds. :D Man.. that spell suddenly isn't so cool anymore...

Dang. Anybody else can think of some 'accidents'?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases