Shadowrun: Crossfire

iamarogue

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Shadowrun: Crossfire

Shadowrun: Crossfire is a cooperative deck-building game with built-in character progression and what you would call a campaign mode. You choose from one of four roles (Decker, Street Samurai, Face, Mage) and on the surface they look quite similar but actually have different play-styles with strengths and weaknesses. When you play, you try to defeat obstacles that will damage a character if left undefeated at the end of that character's turn. In general, the game is quite hard (we lost about the first 10 consecutive games we played) but at some point, my gaming group just "figured it out" and started to do well at the game, and now it is almost too easy. When you are successful in a mission, you earn "Karma" which you can use to purchase character upgrades. The game comes with 3 missions, each tailored to a different level of Karma (i.e. an easy, medium, and hard mission). I like the mechanics and the challenge and the fact that it's cooperative. I felt, however, that the campaign aspect (i.e. buying upgrades) was less satisfying (your progress is quite slow) and there aren't enough different missions in the box so it becomes somewhat repetitive. There is an expansion that adds additional missions but the expansion didn't come out for more than a year after the base game came out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases