D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Spartain104

First Post
Venn moves forward 30ft (Straight line) and prepares another attack. His eyes glow again, the fiendish blue seeming to seep out his skull like a faint dry ice. His hand snaps up and points past his allies, now in the heat of combat, and the energy sears towards the Kobold farthest from the group(F11).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

"The sky feels your soul and i can hear its whispers..." He murmurs as the crackling energy fades. He glances about and gazes forlorn towards the central keep, rising in the smoke. Flames still lick up towards the sky from boughs of hay. "We must move quickly! The ground here tastes our blood and will not soon forget it!"

OOC: Ignore the Adv roll if I don't get that from range? Im not sure without the book beside me.

kuey1975

First Post
Carad is momentarily distracted when a bear suddenly appears by his side before he realises that it is Jeni. He looks with satisfaction as his arrow takes down one of the kobolds before it could harry the family further.

Quickly scanning the battle, his focus zooms into the kobold who broke free from the clinging vines and is attempting to escape (D13). "He must not be allowed to flee and bring others," Carad thought to himself.

"Scree, distract him!" he mentally commands. With a brown streak dives towards the kobold, and the owl flutters and pecks at the kobold's face, not doing any real damage. "Enough!" With that, Scree climbs again effortlessly into the sky as Carad lets loose an arrow through the crowd, hoping his arrow will land true.

OOC: Scree uses Help action in combat to give Carad advantage on his attack. @hafrogman, let me know if you allow it. I know DMs go either way on this. Separately, Scree's flyby means no AOO. Carad is firing through the crowd so the kobold probably gets some cover (couldn't find an unblocked path :p ).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hearing Venn's warning, Carad looks up at the ominous sky and the crackling lightning. "Yes, we need to get them under cover quickly!" he shouts out to his party.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jeni-bear closes in on the hapless kobolds, crushing one in her jaws and smashing another into the ground with a brutal swipe of one paw. Their blood is a sharp metallic tang in her mouth. Working in tandem, the Black Tide sweep over the remaining foes with little effort and they are cut down in a matter of moments. As the pounding rush of battle fades, the woman straightens up and turns to face you all.

"Thank you. Oh, thank you! I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't been here. My name is Linan, Linan Swift. We were trying to make it to the keep for shelter when those monsters cut us off. They hurt Cuth something fierce, and we were turned away from the road. They followed us all the way here. Are you part of an army? Are you here to help? We have to get to the keep!"

OOC: It is about 9:00PM
You are in J3 on the map of Greenest.
The entrance to the keep is in G5.
There is a battle raging between here and there, and you have five refugees with you.

Good luck.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Hunter shudders as the Spirit of the Wolf leaves him and renders him a mere mortal again. As always contact with the spirit world leaves him slightly drained but the sight of his foes dead about him makes his wolf heart howl with joy. He nods to Linan and turns to Morgan, "Your orders?"

kuey1975

First Post
"Fly high and lend me your eyes," Carad mentally sends to Scree. With that, his will turns inwards and instead of aftermath of the combat around him, he is looking down from the eyes of the owl on the chaos of the town. He scans the surroundings, hoping to find a safe path around the battles to the keep.

OOC: Does Carad see any safe route, @hafrogman?

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: Much as before, at about 100' per square and a limit of about 100' for remote viewing through Scree, you can get a good view of what's around you, but not much detail further out. You don't see any large groups nearby, isolated raiding parties (or more refugees?) moving through buildings. It's not so heavy that you couldn't try sneaking through, but your memories of trying to sneak Morgan anywhere are quite vivid.

Last edited:

kuey1975

First Post
Carad's eyes refocused back to his surroundings, as he mutters a silent prayer to Mystra. With a brief shake of head to clear the disorientation, he turns to his commander. "Lieutenant, there are no large groups moving about but there are a number of smaller ones roaming around. The heavy smoke is affecting visibility and I can't really tell if they are more raiders or refugees who need help," he shared. He frowned as he added, "We could try to sneak to the keep, if we avoid the main road," turning to look somewhat skeptically at the family, pointedly avoiding looking at his commander when he said this.

Nodding to Hunter, he continued "One of us could take point and if we encounter more raiders, the other could lead the family around while the rest of us engage to distract them. Lieutenant?"

"Scree, keep ahead of us and warn if any raiders come our way," he mentally sends to his owl.

[sblock=ooc]
Stealth and perception rolls if needed when the party sets off.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Passive Perception=15
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
"Greetings Linan," Morgan replied to the woman, " My names's Lieu- uh, rather Morgan. Morgan Cavendish. I'm glad we were able to help you and your family. Unfortunately, we're not part of a larger army." Looking down the road, she knew this had to be a quick conversation. "Can you tell us anything about what's going on here? The keep sounds like a good choice, but the main roads don't look very safe. Do you know of any alternate way to get there?"

She waited to hear back from Linan before responding to the questions and suggestions from her former troops.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Linan shakes her head.

"No, I'm afraid I don't. We don't have much cause to go up there, and when we do, we just always use the gate. Governor Nighthill is probably commanding things from there."

Cuth speaks up.

"We don't know much of what's going on either. We woke up in the night to fire and screaming. The kobolds aren't alone, we've seen humans among them. And some of them are herding some kind of lizard beasts."

OOC: Jeni is familiar with Governor Tarbaw Nighthill, an older man who runs Greenest. The keep itself is a defensive fortification, which limits the number of exits and entrances you'd want to have. But there is a smaller sally port next to the main gates.

Remove ads