Midgard Heroes

Krakenspire

First Post
3 out of 5 rating for Midgard Heroes

Not a bad product especially in the digital form. Less errors in it than the previous Southlands Heroes, and no references to books that are not in 5E format like that release as well. A redo of the minotaur in the product so if you have southlands heroes you get it twice, not to mention its extremely similar to the UA minotaur (if not exactly the same).That being said intelligent ghouls, two types of centaur, kobolds, and a variant take on "draconic" races was very interesting and creative. Looking forward to creating my first alseid character. Backgrounds are kinda unremarkable, but nice. Worth the digital price but not the printed book price.

4 out of 5 rating for Midgard Heroes

I was never blown away my Midgard Heroes. It was what I expected and did what I wanted. It fills a need for more 5th Edition crunch and some new monstrous races. It helps people convert the Midgard campaign setting to 5e, allowing people to play in a fully fleshed out world that isn’t the Forgotten Realms. It’s a good product. But it’s also a safe product. It doesn’t break new ground or get experimental with the rules or give us something other than familiar mechanics (races and backgrounds) to play with.

But that’s me being a cynical jerk.

The bottom line is if you want to allow a player kobold, ravenkin/tengu, centaur, ghoul, troll/ogre, or minotaur this is exactly the book you need. If you want an alternative to the playtest warforged, this is the book you need. If you want to play someone who’s half-deer then this is the book you need. And if you want to scratch that it for new 5e crunch and cannot wait for November, then this is the book you need.

Read my full review here: http://www.5mwd.com/archives/3025

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases