[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Aelspeth mentions her horse Jezz is more than willing to make the brief detour to gather her animals and gear while he again elaborates on the very limited knowledge he has of the 'devil dogs'. His description of 'scaly' and 'tricky' is enough for Aelspeth to piece together a bit. They are not dogs, for starters, and she suspects they are actually kobolds: nasty little nocturnal creatures with a habit of using equally nasty traps.

[sblock=OOC]Merry, Aelspeth would quickly learn from Jezz that they are leaving the city for a bit, a day or so outside Venza, and Jezz is certainly willing to swing by the stable if Aelspeth wants. Up to you.

Skill sblocks: read them or not; it's up to you. I don't mind if you read them even if you fail the roll, I trust you to not to act on information your PC wouldn't have.

Identifying 'devil dogs': Unfortunately, neither Arcana nor Planes are relevant skills. Local is what you need. I'll use your first roll (18) and though you are limited to DC 10 with untrained Knowledge checks kobolds are pretty common and weigh in at DC 5, well within Aelspeth's knowledge-base. She figures out the bits posted above.[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Aelspeth's quip draws a chuckle from Arradon. He retorts,"Ach dôltya vilómië! It is not a matter of age, but of worldly experience." He lowers his voice to just above hearing, "Nahirthol, inyë abá sui i thîr ohen." He makes a slight gesture towards the altercation between the travelers. He makes sure to keep himself between her and the arguing men, just in case.
[/section]

[sblock=Elvish]
"But your head is in the clouds!"
"Be cautious, I don't like the look of this."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action]
Prepare to draw MW Dagger from Spring-Loaded Wrist Sheath if things go bad. (Swift Action)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

AS the group travels down the road, passing the various assortment of people, Barnibus is intrigued by the various things he sees along the way. Passing the dwarves he can't help but hum the toon himself after he passes and with the wink of the priestess of Cortessa, Barnibus lets a large grin spread from cheek to cheek. After passing them, he looks back to his companions and proclaims, "What a most interesting assortment of travelers we have here, especially that comely one with the twitching eye back there bwahaha!"

They continue along the way and as they draw closer to the arguing near the front of the caravan, Barnibus barely notices his friends ignoring the spectacle and begins examining the wagon for any apparent issue. "Beggin your pardons gentlemen," he says, trying not to interrupt to much,"but it seems that some assistance may be needed with the wagon." He looks to the fur clad man,"are you having issues with your wagon here sir? I would be happy to assist you in getting back on the road."

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth has chosen to guide her horse, Kasmir, by the reigns as the group walks, thinking it may be a faux pas for her to mount up and tower over her companions. Clopping along behind the palomino (and tied off with a lead between the two) is a burro called Sancho--there were some hasty introductions back at the stable. Sancho pulls a small cart laden with supplies under a large blanket and Kasmir's saddlebags appear heavy enough. The elf woman must not be a light traveler.

Maneuvering the horse, the burro, and the cart alongside a column of increasingly disgruntled migrants proves challenging. For all the colorful characters greeting Barnibus and company pleasantly, many others curse at Aelspeth's passing.

[sblock=OOC]Oh, of course. I should have thought of K(Local)! I was giving them too much credit, thinking of K(Arcana) for dragons. :lol:

I was going to leave some supplies behind in order to work more smoothly into the narrative but Aelspeth would much prefer to have all her gear, especially after her last venture. She'll sell off a lot of her creature comforts whenever it finally dawns on her just how impractical they are.

I'll wait for everyone else before posting more, just wanted to establish she has all her crap in tow.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (as walking stick)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Jezz slinks past the argument as if trying to avoid gathering the attention of his social betters. Once past he stops and kicks at a tuft of grass as he steals glances back at Barnibus injecting himself into the argument.
[/section]
[section]
The carriage driver blocking the road looks over at Barnibus with a flat, disinterested look. The other man, the fur clad man who seems to be the caravan master that Barnibus addressed directly, turns to Barnibus and motions to the carriage driver.

"This fool refuses to eat dust but his mistress isn't ready to travel and so he holds up the whole caravan! If you can get this carriage off the road you'd have the favor of Tigg Savi!" He thumps his thick-fingered hand on his chest as way of introduction.

Perhaps not the whole caravan is being held up. While the argument has been going on those able to pass the carriage off the side of the road have begun to do so. Aelspeth will have to do the same with her horse, donkey, and cart if she wishes to pass.
[/section]

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus looks between the two fellows and scratches his head slightly thinking about the situation. He looks behind to see his colleague lead her cart around the obstacle, looks back to the wagon "blocking" the way, back at his companion, then back at the wagon. "Well good sir, it seems you have a predicament on your hands here. Why not just take your caravan around this good fellow here and leave him and his mistress be? He doesn't seem to be trying to block the way belligerently, only waiting for his mistress." Barnibus simply attempts the logic represented before him to help the gentlemen overcome their duel dilemmas.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, didn't mean to throw this scene off the road so to speak. The way I was envisioning it was that a small cart would be able to pass by until it reached the major obstacles of larger caravan wagons up front (albeit rather rough on the axle). GE, if this was an issue, I'm more than willing to correct or retcon however you see fit. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Savi snorts in contempt. "The gods have blessed you then, stranger, to not see petty contrariness even when it is right in front of your eyes. There is plenty of road, out of the way, down by the Broken Log where his mistress snores even now that won't hinder the passage of the caravan."

It is taking Aelspeth a longer time to maneuver around the bunched wagons leading up to the carriage as they take up more space along the road. Behind her she can hear a thud as a drover jumps down from his seat and calls out to some of the other drovers. A small group of angry men begins forming up behind her and making their way towards the offending carriage.
[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Merry, I'm not sure how you think you've thrown things off; it's all good from my point of view. Aelspeth can indeed travel off the road and pass the blocked wagons. Things get a little tighter near the carriage but she'll still be able to get through eventually.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

As the threat of altercation heats up, so does the familiar tingling sensation in Autumn's right forearm. Unfamiliar how to react in such a social situation, Autumn closes her eyes and begins to take a few deep breaths. It almost feels as if the tiniest bubbles are rapidly traveling from her elbow to her fingertips and back.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon mutters to himself, "This is clearly not our affair." He advances towards the front of the group and rendezvous with Jezz. "Perhaps we'd best hurry on our way. It is still quite a distance, correct?" His statement seems innocuous enough; however, there is an urgent tone in his voice and his eyes keep darting back toward the arguing caravaneers.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads