[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

Adventurer
The grass behind the house and barn and even the treeline nearest the farm grasps with branches and leaves as Autumn's spell stretches to its full extent. Surprisingly, she even feels the grass next to the house coil and wrap around her own boots. Several hoots of alarm as her spell takes effect can be heard scattered along the fences and trees of the farm.

The kobold next to the barn hisses over his shoulder in annoyance but manages to ease the door open and slip into the barn. The scaly, little creature jumps and darts around Arradon as Arradon's blade flashes out and scrapes against the kobold's armor. Arradon also notices the kobold has an oversized dagger in his hand and the blade glints in the dim light.

The kobold makes a hoot of warning as another kobold enters the barn behind the first. This one is wielding a small spear and he jabs wildly at Arradon, missing the elf by a narrow margin.

A third kobold rounds the corner of the house and squeeks in fear as it is suddenly confronted by Autumn. He jabs his spear at her but doesn't even come close to hitting her.

Finally, a pair of kobolds struggle through the grasping grass and branches closing in on the farm and its defenders.

GM: Round Two!
Everyone is up.

Updated Map

[sblock=OOC]FJ, they're both covered, with exceptions (see next).

Note that entangle uses existing plants. The tan areas (sheep pen, area in front of house and barn, & the road) are pounded by decades of hard traffic and are packed earth or churned by hooves and have no plant life to affect. So, kobold 1 is within the area of the spell but isn't affected by it. Inside the house and barn are also safe places.

And third, Francis, you must use the most current map link in order to keep everyone's movements correct.

Arradon gets an AoO as Kobold 1 moves past him.

Kobolds AC 15
[1] 5/5 hp Shiny!
[2] 5/5 hp
[3] 5/5 hp
[4] 5/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[5] 5/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
[section]
His ambush failing, and now outnumbered; Arradon takes a defensive posture and lashes out at the scaly creature wielding the oversized dagger.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Fighting Defensively vs Kobold 1:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch, 2 Fighting Defensively)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Fighting Defensively (-4 Attack, +2 AC)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

That spell always worked completely back at home! And more, I've never been close enough to realize how big it really is! Ridiculous Autumn... some lady you are! Oh wait....

"Arradon! Are you alright?!" Shouts Autumn as she drops her bow and draws her sword. She slashes down as hard as she can, perhaps to make up for her lack of control over her own spell. "Barnibus! Aelspeth! Hurry outside! Kobolds!" All traces of shyness seem to have vanished during combat.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Free: Drop bow
Move: Draw longsword
Standard: Melee kobold 3[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 24, Damage 6 (no crit)]Attack kobold 3: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Crit confirm: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry guys and GE, first time playing a druid, let alone caster. I thought I used the last map, but I'll be more careful next time.:)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arradon's attack fails but when the kobold opens himself up Arradon is able to take advantage and cut the creature seriously.

And though Autumn's spell is a bit more extensive than expected she makes up for it by cutting down one of the creatures with a single blow.

GM: Aelspeth & Barnibus yet to go.

Updated Map

[sblock=OOC]Francis, no worries! There is bound to be a bit of time as you all adjust to how I do things. Oi! Missed that crit by 1! Not that it really matters... :D

Kobolds AC 15
[1] 1/5 hp
[2] 5/5 hp
[3] -1/5 hp Dying
[4] 5/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Autumn's alarm drifts through the open door and Aelspeth purses her lips. "Rouse yourself, Darwin!" she barks in the direction of the bedroom before hurrying out, bow in hand. She hustles past the side of the house but stops short at the sight of magically enhanced vegetation.

Darwin scampers down the path toward the barn. An order comes from his mistress. "Open the barn door and make sure Arradon is awake." The elf's slender limbs strain and she grunts slightly as she pulls back to full draw and then releases. Her primate friend jumps up to grab ahold of an iron ring on one side of the barn's double doors. He grasps it with both tiny hands and plants his feet against the other door before bracing and heaving.

The arrow flies true and punches into the kobold's chest, nearly felling it. Gouts of blood feed the hungry snarls of grass that hold the small creature firm.

[sblock=Actions]Aelspeth's Move: Updated Map
Aelspeth's Standard: Shoot Kobold: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
Damage kobold: 1D8-1 = [5]-1 = 4
Arrow breaks >50: 1D100 = [62] = 62

Darwin's Move: As on map.
Darwin's 2nd Move: Open barn door.

It's a good thing I had to reference something while I was drafting this because GE had posted another map! I ditched the map I was going to post and updated the one that went up while I was writing.

EDIT: In case it wasn't obvious based on line of sight, Aelspeth shot Kobold 4.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Last edited:

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus comes around the corner of the house with his great axe in hand. A smile shows greatly upon his face as he rushes forward with a song on his lips. "Haha my friends let us find glory this night!" He rushes past he allies ready to cut down the devil dogs!

[sblock=action] Double move to S13 Map= http://beta.ditzie.com/48238/5609f96395b1a [/sblock]
[sblock=Help] Not sure how to make the map with just the updated map name showing instead of the link name. [/sblock]
[sblock=edit] Sorry on that, never used ditzie before and for some reason when I hit enter does not seem to be saving it like the instructions say. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: Two Handed Great Axe
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 0/11 rounds used
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The barn door is heavy but Darwin manages to crack it open enough to slip in or look within and see that Arradon is battling two kobolds.

Aelspeth's arrow nearly kills the kobold but it struggles on, turning to stab at newly arrived Barnibus with its spear despite the plants restraining it. It misses the skald. The other kobold fights against constraining grasses to move up on Barnibus.

Within the barn the two kobolds attack Arradon. The apparent leader, wielding the shiny-bladed dagger, slashes but Arradon's defensive moves deflect the attack. He isn't so lucky with the other attack and the spear scores his side leaving a shallow wound.

GM: Round Three! Everyone is up!

Updated Map

[sblock=OOC]Autumn (save: Ref vs Entangle (1d20+2=9)); Barnibus (save: Ref vs Entangle (1d20+3=17))

Autumn is entangled

Resrick, no problem. Sometimes ditzie doesn't quite work as it should but we can do as you did and just write out the move coord and one of us will fix the map later. Also, for the link, I've done it several times in this post. If you quote (without actually posting it) you can see I use and then the tag to close the expression with whatever you want to show in between.

Arradon takes 5 damage from a spear strike from Kobold 2

Kobolds AC 15
[1] 1/5 hp
[2] 5/5 hp
[3] -2/5 hp Dying
[4] 1/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon continues to focus his attacks on the dagger wielding kobold, hoping to fell it. The spear wound to his side flares with pain and his attack goes astray. He grits his teeth and resumes his defensive stance.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Fighting Defensively vs Kobold 1:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch, 2 Fighting Defensively)
HP: 13/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Fighting Defensively (-4 Attack, +2 AC)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases