D&D 5E [5E][OOC] Across the Faerun-iverse

Egon

First Post
This thread shall serve as the OOC thread for the Across the Faerun-iverse campaign, the community for which can be found here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?groupid=451

For those of you who are a bit confused, the recruitment thread for this campaign was the Lost Mine of Phandelver thread that I put up earlier this week. After thinking on things, I decided that, while I recruited for the mine as the starting point, the larger, overall campaign would not be just the mine; it would be the adventures of our spectacularly dressed heroes as they traipse about all over Faerun. Hence, Across the Faerun-iverse.

Anyhow, you know what this thread is for, and you know what to do here. I would like to ask one simple question, though: What do we do about dice rolls here on this forum? Is honor system the general rule of thumb, or is everyone ok with using an off-site die roller and linking the results back here? Or is there some die roller here at EN World that I have yet to find and utilize for my evil world-dominating master plan?

Forged Fury

First Post
There's a dice roller here. It works well enough, although some people prefer to use the off-site ones like Invisible Castle, Orokos, and Coyote. Some DMs choose to just roll their dice at home and post what results rather than putting up the rolls. When you have to roll a ton more than the players, it makes a certain sense.

Here's the link to the thread in the Meta forum that explains how to use the on-board dice roller. Just note that when you see a { or } in the first post, you need to replace it with a [ or ].

Question for you: Posting frequency expectations and how do you want to handle weekends/vacations?

Egon

First Post
I'm the kind of GM that puts everything out in the open for players, so I'm not opposed to using the on-site dice roller and posting all of the results for everyone to see. I'm honest that way, and I want my players to be able to trust me in knowing that when I say you take 10 damage, you take 10 damage.

On that note, I will state that when I do post damage totals (and this won't happen for a bit yet), I'll just post the AC I hit and the damage total and then let you guys deal with "I have this resistance" or "I avoid it this way" or "I take this much". It's easier than me trying to remember who has what or gets hit by which candlestick.

As far as posting frequency, I'd like to see at least twice a week. I know RL kicks some of us in the head from time to time, so if someone has to deal with something it's all good. And while I'm on at times over the weekend, I don't normally post on them. So I therefore don't expect anyone else to either. I may post, I may not. It depends on what I've got going on, and right now that's football. Go Pack. So you can bet on Sundays that I will probably not be on at all.

Vacations are the same thing. RL takes precedence. If you're going to be gone, no matter the reason - except emergencies, which we can never plan for - then just drop a line and say something like "Hey, I'ma being gone for the vay-vay from theesa day to theesa day". We can NPC you while you're gone, and you can hope you don't die. :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
On that note, I will state that when I do post damage totals (and this won't happen for a bit yet), I'll just post the AC I hit and the damage total and then let you guys deal with "I have this resistance" or "I avoid it this way" or "I take this much". It's easier than me trying to remember who has what or gets hit by which candlestick.
Yup yup, I'm fine with this. It's just got to be clear one way or the other. So as long as we know you're always gonna be posting raw numbers, then we know we can apply whatever effects cleanly.

I'm excited for this one. Seems like it's going to be fun.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
One thing that may be an issue there is determining cover. Cover ends up being applied as a bonus to AC, although I guess it could be applied as a penalty to the attack. Thoughts?

Do you want us to work out how we all ended up on this glorious wagon-sitting job?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
This all sounds good. I think you will get slightly higher than 2/week with this group (which is good!). The big thing I've found with PbP is ensuring that combats don't bog down waiting for individuals to post.

I'm really looking forward to this, as is Endurance.

Egon

First Post
One thing that may be an issue there is determining cover. Cover ends up being applied as a bonus to AC, although I guess it could be applied as a penalty to the attack. Thoughts?

Do you want us to work out how we all ended up on this glorious wagon-sitting job?

If cover applies, it would be a bonus to your AC. Is rather keep it simple like that.

As the intro in the recruitment thread stated, each of you was contacted by a friend you all have in common; he hired you to guard the wagon. How you know him, and if you have ties to each other, you can work or when I get the opening post up this weekend.

Egon

First Post
I guess the main question is whether you're going to tell us if we have cover against an attack or if we're going to have to adjudicate it.

I promise to do my best to let you know. And we can always talk about things here in OOC if there are questions.

Remove ads