D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira comes to a halt and peers around Endurance's bulk to get a look at the trail ahead.

"Trap? Well, where there's one. . ."

She begins looking for a convenient path around the first trap, and considers what kind of secondary traps she would put around an obvious main trap.

OOC: Perception - [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
Anastriana was one with the woods, darting in and out of the brush as if she was made of wind. Her investigation had shown no sign of goblins in the brush, but Endurance's warning brought her up short. Moving carefully back to the trail, the wood elf said, "Best to go around the trap. If it is intended to alert others, we may be able to catch them unaware if they aren't forewarned."

[sblock=Game Mechanics]
OOC: Stealth = [roll0]
Perception w/Advantage (Natural Explorer) = [roll1], [roll2]
[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira shakes her head.

"No. This is not some major thoroughfare. Anyone coming this way is responsible for their own safety. We don't know what triggering the trap will do. Just leave it be and keep moving."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Rebecca stared at the trap as the others went around, she hadn't seen it and would have blundered right into it if not for her more asstute companions. All this traipsing through the brush was making her painfully aware of just how sheltered her life had been up to this point.

"Well, at least it indicates we are on the right path?"

Schmoe

Adventurer
"Good eyes, my stout companion." Gnash looks at Endurance gratefully as he pulls up short of the tripwire. "And you, fair lady," Gnash looks at Rebecca, "are certainly on the right path." He winks at her with a friendly smile as he says this.

"If this is rigged to raise an alarm, then we must be getting close to their lair. It might be best to scout ahead a short distance and see if we can learn more about our foes. I doubt that the goblins would be expecting anyone to make it past the snare without giving them notice, so we can gain the element of surprise if we know what's ahead. Keira or Ana, would either of you be willing to do some scouting?"

Remove ads