D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Skarsgard

Explorer
Rebecca leans in and whispers.
"If you can get me within 90 feet or so, I can put the sentries to sleep which should allow us to sneak up on the camp proper?"

Forged Fury

First Post
"I only spotted two of them. With over a dozen tracks leading here, there are probably many more in the cave. Maybe save the spells for them?" Anastriana said. "Two gobs shouldn't be much of a challenge. I like Keira's idea. The two of us can take position near the cave mouth to cut off escape and you all can come forward like normal. When the gobs take notice of you, we'll move so they can't get into the cave."

Forged Fury

First Post
Anastriana followed about 10 feet behind Keira, a black-fletched arrow on her bowstring.

[sblock=Game Mechanics]
OOC: Stealth = [roll0]
[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash edges slightly closer, ready to charge at the signal. Standing at the edge of the brook, Gnash hopes that the sound of the water will cover any small noises he or his companions make. He grips his axe tighter.

[sblock]
Gnash edges 5 feet closer, to the north east. When Keira gives the signal, he runs through the stream and around the woods to attack the nearest goblin.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'm not sure if we'll have surprise or not, and if so, I'm not sure what effect that has.
[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Once in position, Keira nods sharply to Anastriana and then flings her dart at the nearest goblin.

OOC: initiative - [roll0]
attack- [roll1]
damage - [roll2]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance follows Anastriana's advice, leaving the two goblins by the campfire and guarding the main entrance to the cave, ready to attack when more appear.

OOC:
Initiative: [roll0].

Readied action, attack any creature coming out of the cave:
To hit with warhammer: [roll1].
If successful damage = [roll2] bludgeoning.
Bonus action [hammering horns] to shove 5' (out of the way, if still alive): the better of [roll3] or [roll4]

Egon

First Post
The group of you are able to easily make your way to the cave entrance, all without making even so much as a peep or rustling a stray leaf. Even crossing into the stream seems to come without sound; those of you who end up doing so appear to make the water part under your feet, your body almost becoming one with the ankle-deep water. This all gives you the element of surprise, and the Goblins camping just beyond the thicket have no clue you are there. And they have no shot at survival.

Arrows fly from the bows of Anastriana and Keira, while Gnash charges headlong quickly to meet the Goblins. The Goblins stand in stunned silence as arrow and blade pierce their hides, the life being taken from them before they can even react. The bodies drop quickly, the ground stained crimson, the life removed. A quick survey of the small area shows they each carried a bow, complete with 10 black-fletched arrows (each), short swords strapped to their sides; they have no armor that you can see other than their thick, dog-like hides.

Peering into the cave reveals that the stream follows the west wall, while a narrow path follows the east. The path shows many signs of being used, and you can see that it is narrow enough so that only one person could follow it at a time. That is, you would have to go single-file into the cave. About 15 feet into the cave you can see what looks like a set of natural stone steps moving up to the east; the sounds of chains rattling and something growling comes from whatever the stairs lead to.

OOC: You guys are just killing it here. Literally. Not one of you failed the Stealth roll, all of you rolled really well for initiative, and the least amount of damage done was almost enough to kill one of them. 5 on 2 for this group is a serious mismatch.
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads