Doctor Who companions [spoilers for 2015 series]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Guardian has posted a major Doctor Who spoiler - in a headline, which is rather rude. Still, now I know it, may as well discuss it.

Spoiler follows.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...tor-who-queen-victoria?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Coleman is apparently leaving this year.

So, what sort of companion would you like to see next? For me, I'd like a non-contemporary companion. I don't mind which gender, but someone from ages past would be fun. Either that, or an alien. I'm done with young modern women as companions for a while - Rose, Amy, Martha, Donna, Jenna. All but one from contemporary London (Amy was from Scotland).

delericho

Legend
Hasn't she "reportedly quit" every year? In particular, last year's Christmas Special was absolutely, definitely going to be her last... until it wasn't.

As for the next companion... actually, I find I don't care. Which probably reads more harshly than it's meant - I'm sure whatever they come up with will be fine.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hasn't she "reportedly quit" every year? In particular, last year's Christmas Special was absolutely, definitely going to be her last... until it wasn't.

She did quit last year, but then changed her mind. This time she's actually taken another job - a ten part series on ITV.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
a robot dog?

I agree that a companion from another time would be fun, may even go non-Northern European to get even more of a contrast - maybe get Anjli Mohindra in and cast her as a priestess from the Moghul Empire or something.

Another Time Lord on board might be useful, which considering the rumours of another eminent return could be what is being looked at.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I could definitely see a Victorian-era companion. Someone well dressed, formal, well-spoken. A little closer to Capaldi's age.

Something that isn't a 20 something girl from modern Britain that is "special."

Ace made the mold, and then broke it so all others are lame in comparison. :p.

Bring the Paternoster Trio for a few episodes while they figure out what they want.

Nellisir

Hero
I'd like someone that wasn't continually in awe of the Doctor.

And I'd pay good money to see Missy and the Doctor stuck together for awhile. :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'd like someone that wasn't continually in awe of the Doctor.

And I'd pay good money to see Missy and the Doctor stuck together for awhile. :)

That would be absolutely frickin amazing but I'm hard pressed to think how it could be maintained for more than a couple of episodes

Nellisir

Hero
That would be absolutely frickin amazing but I'm hard pressed to think how it could be maintained for more than a couple of episodes

I know. It'd have to be Missy but not The Master, exactly, or she'd just steal the TARDIS or throw the Doctor out or something. Honestly, a couple of episodes might be enough.

Remove ads