D&D 5E Mediation, Meditation, Devastation: A Monk's Guide

Yunru

Banned
Banned
My response appears to have been lost (that or I forgot to hit send >.<), but it basically mirrored what mellored says. Unarmored Defense and Natural Armour both set your AC, and so don't stack, whereas substituting Dex in for Str, or Martial Arts dice for weapons dice are both seperate and optional: you can use both, either, or neither.

Nathan Mitchell

First Post
Wondering the rules concerning multiclassing Monk with the Revised Ranger, specifically Beast Conclave. I see no reason why a multiclass Monk/Ranger can't stack Extra Attack with Coordinated Attack, I mean Extra Attack (2) is only 1 level away for Fighters and by multiclassing you're hampering the progression of your Beast Companion and Monk features. Thoughts?

mellored

Legend
Wondering the rules concerning multiclassing Monk with the Revised Ranger, specifically Beast Conclave. I see no reason why a multiclass Monk/Ranger can't stack Extra Attack with Coordinated Attack, I mean Extra Attack (2) is only 1 level away for Fighters and by multiclassing you're hampering the progression of your Beast Companion and Monk features. Thoughts?

They stack, but beast need some ranger level or they die easily.

Morti83

First Post
Hello, this will be my first post since I just joined.
I want to build a monk/wizard with the prestige classes of Brilliant Fist and hopefully Drunken Master.
The concept, is to be a monk with the ability to store spells in nunchaku or quarterstaff to strike with.

Current feats are dodge, improved grapple, improved unarmed strike and Stunning fist.

But, i am open to improving my character. So, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Any chance for an updated guide with the new official monks from SCAG?

Blah. I did it once and one of the Time of Troubles ate it, which kinda killed my motivation to do it again. I'll dig out my PHB, SCAG and Volo's at some point and revisit the entire thing.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Blah. I did it once and one of the Time of Troubles ate it, which kinda killed my motivation to do it again. I'll dig out my PHB, SCAG and Volo's at some point and revisit the entire thing.

Maybe after Xanathar's guide comes out in November and drops the new subclasses?

Cory Parker

First Post
Xanathar's Guide is out now. As someone who has bookmarked this thread for some time, and since the monk is my favorite class in D&D 5.0, I'm interested in how Yunru will update :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases