D&D 5E [GUIDE] A party without music is lame: A Bard Guide

mellored

Legend
With XGtE out, I think that the multiclass section needs a slight updating, especially since you recommend MC over Bard 20 anyways. Hexblade 1 should probably be gold for most Bard subclasses, if not all. Even though it comes with overlap for Valor and Blade, both still massively benefit from Cha for att/dam rolls.
Done.

There's no reason to have a valor x/hexblade 1. Your better off with lore x/hexblade 1, and just using booming blade.

mellored

Legend
Any plans to update feats and magic secret selections?
Still looking though it but...

Healing spirit is now the best healing spell. Out of combat, it's 10d6 for each ally who can walk around in a circle. Dipping life cleric 1, and that's 10d6+40. Enough for even high level groups.
Though I almost expect an errata for it.

Bones of earth is permanent (no concentration). Good for standing on, and walling things off. Maybe use down time to make a maze. Though it competes with mass suggestion.

Illusory Dragon is solid, paticularly with the weaker level 8 spells.

Nothing really stands out as far as feats go. Some decent alternatives to actor if you have an odd Cha score, but nothing that makes me want to play a particular race. (except elven accuracy, but that's not for bards).

iamntbatman

First Post
Crawford said they're looking into how the spell functions for out-of-combat healing so it will probably get nerfed by some some errata.

As for feats, I think Bountiful Luck feels really good for a halfling. Very bard-like. Competes with Counterspell and Cutting Words for reaction use, but still very, very powerful stuff.

mellored

Legend
Crawford said they're looking into how the spell functions for out-of-combat healing so it will probably get nerfed by some some errata.

As for feats, I think Bountiful Luck feels really good for a halfling. Very bard-like. Competes with Counterspell and Cutting Words for reaction use, but still very, very powerful stuff.
If someone rolls a 1, no amount of bardic insperation/cutting words will help. So it seems fine there.

But 30' is not a big range, it only applies to 1/20 rolls, and it still requires a separate chance.

So unless your in a big group with lots of rolls (fighters, warlocks), i don't see it being worth a feat.

smbakeresq

Explorer

And I thought Aura of Life is good with 1 level of Life cleric.

smbakeresq

Explorer
If they do not nerf it then as DM I would make sure players go through another encounter since HP isn’t a limitation

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

iamntbatman

First Post
If someone rolls a 1, no amount of bardic insperation/cutting words will help. So it seems fine there.

But 30' is not a big range, it only applies to 1/20 rolls, and it still requires a separate chance.

So unless your in a big group with lots of rolls (fighters, warlocks), i don't see it being worth a feat.

Right, I meant "competing" with Cutting Words (and Counterspell) in terms of just eating up your reaction for the round. So a little bit of competition. I'm personally playing a game right now with my Lore Bard supporting a melee/hand crossbow crossbow expert spell-less Ranger, a sword and board Eldritch Knight, a Hexblade (and a Land Druid), so lots of potential attacks to reroll. Not to mention 1's rolled on saves.

Remove ads