D&D 5E [GUIDE] A party without music is lame: A Bard Guide

gyor

Legend
I'd go with Conjure Animals at level six, the Bard already has healing spells, but Conjure Animals is very versatile for such a low level spell. You can summon giant birds as mounts, some dinosaurs, big cats, Tressyms, and they count as both beasts and fey so you can use spells that effect beasts on them and spells that effect fey ect...,

RulesJD

First Post
So I don't know how this didn't get brought up, but the two best spells for the initial Magical Secrets are:

1. Counterspell. You don't always need it, but when you do need it, you reallllllly need it.

2. Spirit Guardians. Take that level of Cleric for some tankiness, and then wade in with this up.

gyor

Legend
For Volo races Sky Blue (Aasimar, Pureblood. Tabaxi, Triton), Blue (Kobold, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Lizardfolk, Bugbear), black (Goliath, Orc, Firbolg) Red (Kenku).

smbakeresq

Explorer
Never played a bard before but I have an idea.

Dragonborn valor-type bard. STR and CHR. Figure I would go Arcane Cleric first, to get access to booming blade, greenflame blade, armor, shield, arcane skill, guidance, bless. Then lore bard rest of way, I don't need the armor of valor nor multiple attacks, I would just use booming or greenflame blade if in melee while getting the rest of the package. The energy damage fits with the Dragon theme. Saves on a feat or lets magic secrets be used for other spells.

will this work well, what am I missing or any suggestions?

mellored

Legend
Never played a bard before but I have an idea.

Dragonborn valor-type bard. STR and CHR. Figure I would go Arcane Cleric first, to get access to booming blade, greenflame blade, armor, shield, arcane skill, guidance, bless. Then lore bard rest of way, I don't need the armor of valor nor multiple attacks, I would just use booming or greenflame blade if in melee while getting the rest of the package. The energy damage fits with the Dragon theme. Saves on a feat or lets magic secrets be used for other spells.

will this work well, what am I missing or any suggestions?
That would be fine.

smbakeresq

Explorer
In a party without a cleric but with a Paladin, is hero's feast worthy of a magic secret spot? When that spell is in play you just cast it every day almost without question. It just seems like the benefits are just too good to pass up.

Remove ads