D&D 5E [GUIDE] A party without music is lame: A Bard Guide

ender17

First Post
Hello

Our party is composed of a fighter, ranger, rogue, warlock , mage and myself (lore bard)

any suggestions as to what to take for magical secrets at level 6?

i was debating on going healer vs cantrips that blast - suggestions?

mellored

Legend
Hello

Our party is composed of a fighter, ranger, rogue, warlock , mage and myself (lore bard)

any suggestions as to what to take for magical secrets at level 6?

i was debating on going healer vs cantrips that blast - suggestions?
Why not both? Aura of Vitality and eldritch blast.

mellored

Legend
Would it not be better to focus on bless and aura for healing? also hesitant to do eldritch with lock already in party
Aura for healing yes. You're the only healer in the party, so you might as well get the biggest amount possible per slot.

Bless is a good spell and you have good attack rolling allies to use it on, but it's concentration, so there's competition with a number of other bard spells. Though if the wizard is casting hypnotic pattern and hold person, and you want to reserve your level 3 spells for aura, then that works just fine.

I suggested EB because it sounded like you wanted to do more damage yourself. And as for the warlock doing it, just say that's where you learned it from. You won't have agonizing blast so it's only a weaker copy, though still quite a bit more than vicious mockery.

ender17

First Post
Aura for healing yes. You're the only healer in the party, so you might as well get the biggest amount possible per slot.

Bless is a good spell and you have good attack rolling allies to use it on, but it's concentration, so there's competition with a number of other bard spells. Though if the wizard is casting hypnotic pattern and hold person, and you want to reserve your level 3 spells for aura, then that works just fine.

I suggested EB because it sounded like you wanted to do more damage yourself. And as for the warlock doing it, just say that's where you learned it from. You won't have agonizing blast so it's only a weaker copy, though still quite a bit more than vicious mockery.

Appreciate your help. When do you suggest is the best time to multiclass to either cleric or warlock?

mellored

Legend
Appreciate your help. When do you suggest is the best time to multiclass to either cleric or warlock?
Bard 5. You hypnotic pattern and short rest inspiration.
Maybe 6 if you want aura of healing first and life cleric second.

And obviously, don't take bless as your magic secrets and then MC cleric.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases