D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I never liked her as a god (Bahamut neither). I always saw her as the Ur-dragon - as powerful as a (lesser) god, but still "just a dragon". With the introduction of the primodials, I think that is more fitting (albeit less powerful probably).

I like my primordials to more eternal and powerful than gods, but less caring of and non-dependent on worshipers.

"Gods" are have advantages and can gain great power from worshipers and philosophical concepts, but are also semi-dependent on them.

But that's just my campaign.

dave2008

Legend
I like my primordials to more eternal and powerful than gods, but less caring of and non-dependent on worshipers.

"Gods" are have advantages and can gain great power from worshipers and philosophical concepts, but are also semi-dependent on them.

But that's just my campaign.

That is pretty much how I see it as well.

Questions about Charisma bonus modifiers with Asmodeus and Mephistophelese

When Mephistophelese casts a spell that deals cold damage while on Caina, such as cone of cold(apart from it doing maximum damage)does he add his Charisma modifier to the damage
The reason I ask this is that a sorcerer with the cold elemental affinity would add his charisma bonus to a cold-related spell so the question is when Mephisto casts spells as a wizard he adds his intelligence modifier and when he casts spells innately he adds his charisma modifier. His innate casting is Charisma based(ie sorcerer) and cast at 32 dc and at 8th level
He has a separate wizard spell casting at 30 dc and intelligence based(ie wizard)
and does Asmodeus add his Charisma modifier to the damage done by spells cast from his rod? And does elemental affinity apply to Asmodeus spells like a sorcerer?

dave2008

Legend
When Mephistophelese casts a spell that deals cold damage while on Caina, such as cone of cold(apart from it doing maximum damage)does he add his Charisma modifier to the damage
The reason I ask this is that a sorcerer with the cold elemental affinity would add his charisma bonus to a cold-related spell so the question is when Mephisto casts spells as a wizard he adds his intelligence modifier and when he casts spells innately he adds his charisma modifier. His innate casting is Charisma based(ie sorcerer) and cast at 32 dc and at 8th level
He has a separate wizard spell casting at 30 dc and intelligence based(ie wizard)
and does Asmodeus add his Charisma modifier to the damage done by spells cast from his rod? And does elemental affinity apply to Asmodeus spells like a sorcerer?

As it is written the answer would be no. However, these are first drafts and to streamline the process I made a decision to not worry about bonus damage to spells. In the 2nd drafts I will take this into account and I would definitely add charisma modifier to Mephisto's cold damage for innately cast spells, not sure about his spell slots. I would probably say yes for Asmo's innately cast spells, but not his rod. Though I am not 100% sure on that.

I really like the way you have done Mephisto. He's immune to cold and fire. The question is is his hellfire ability charisma or intelligence based? A couple of tweeks in the first edition mephisto had Shapechange once per day and Asmodeus should definitely have mass charm ability to use at will

dave2008

Legend
I really like the way you have done Mephisto. He's immune to cold and fire. The question is is his hellfire ability charisma or intelligence based? A couple of tweeks in the first edition mephisto had Shapechange once per day and Asmodeus should definitely have mass charm ability to use at will

I would think his hellfire is Charisma based.

I agree about Asmodeus, I will have to get that added in the next updated.

Remove ads