D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
Charisma and intelligence modifiers haven't been added to the arch-devils spell bonus for spell damage attacks like empowered evocation and elemental affinity
For example Mephistophelese innate spell casting is charisma based(DC 32) while his learned spell casting is intelligence based(DC 30)If his innate spell casting is charisma based, which is that of a sorcerer should he not get elemental affinity for cold? And for his wizard(intelligence)based spells should he not get empowered evocation bonus for one spell damage?

And would Asmodeus get elemental affinity bonus damage for his spell attacks either with his rod and innately?

Typically WotC does not add modifiers to the monster spell damages. So initially I decided to do the same. However, at some point I came to agree with you and thought they should get the added damage. However, I also decided to hold off until the 2nd drafts.

Or would you add on these bonus's only on their home respective layer's where they are more powerful?

I would make the change to the base stat block

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Intermediate Gods have resistance to any weapons that are below +4 bonus. There are no weapons above a +3 - is this intentional? Thanks.

The assumption at the time was that I would be adding +4 and higher weapons to epic levels of play. However, I have since changed my mind on that. The 2nd drafts will remove the +weapon requirements. I am using Epic Ranks instead in the future.

dave2008

Legend
UPDATE:
The version of this project on this thread is essentially finished. However, I am starting up the 2nd drafts in a new zine as part of the Zine Quest initiative by kickstarter. You can view the kickstarter campaign before it goes live. Here is the link to the preview page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1443596074/1919389916?ref=753953&token=c8dc98f5

You can leave comments if you like. I always enjoy input. Also, this does not mark the end of my epic updates on Enworld. However, the frequent request for art and lore to accompany my epic stat blocks as lead me to hiring artist and writers to help out - and I can't keep doing that with out some financing. So I will prioritizing the kickstater / dms guild products in the future. That being said, I will start a new thread with 2nd draft stat blocks in the not to distant future.

Thank you! for your interest and support!

Sincerely - dave

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
The epic update kickstarter is live! Here is my press release:

Ascension – the Codex of Immortals RPG Zine Kickstarter is now live! If you are interested in epic and immortal games for the 5th edition of the world’s greatest role-playing game, please check it out here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1443596074/ascension-the-codex-of-immortals?ref=project_build#

Ascension is a quarterly RPG zine focusing on epic and immortal gaming for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. Each issue will be 32-48 pages of epic and immortal goodness featuring rules for playing gods; lore, stats, and art for at least 4 deities/epic monsters; and mythic relics and artifacts for your epic games. The goal of Ascension is two-fold:

1) Provide epic monsters and guidelines that can be used with standard 5th edition rules and some of the existing 3rd party epic supplements currently available, and more substantially…

2) Provide a set of variant rules and guidelines for taking characters and monsters beyond the realms of mortals. Allowing players to grow their characters from mere demigods to the heights of the greater gods or even pantheon heads. These variant rules sit on top of the 5e chassis allowing players to shed the trapping of levels and class and instead embark on the quest to gain epic ranks, worship, and increase their Authority and Influence among mortals and immortals a like.

Take your characters and games where 5th edition has never gone before with Ascension – the Codex of Immortals.

dave2008

Legend
Sorry, I forgot to update everyone, the kickstarter is funded! The 2nd draft of the 5e Epic Updates will get the art and lore it deserves!. But there are still more stretch goals within reach and new print reward tiers to enjoy, so if you haven't jumped on board yet - now is the time!
Ascension: the Codex of Immortals

CoverFundedSmaller.jpg

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I just updated all of the spoiler tags from the old "sblock" to the new "spoiler."

Also, I have started working on the 2nd drafts of the epic monsters.

Remove ads