D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
this was inspired by BECMI, particularly leaning toward the immortal rules. I added an Epic Spell Casting foot note with some references:

I think there are many types of D&D, and people who think all gaming above level 5, or above level 9 is munchkin gaming are common. But I think there are just as many people who think the level 20 characters might be too weak in 5th edition. In terms of Genre, Conan the Barbarian and Lord of the Rings are low magic settings. Harry Potter and Xena were mid to high magic settings. Oddly enough, though Sci Fi, Doctor Who is a high magic setting, where Save or Suck/Die was as common as breathing.

Shintashi, I sent you a private message with some thoughts about revision the progression in the table. If you get a chance to look at it I would appreciate your thoughts.

dave2008

Legend
I apologize but I after reviewing my work and from discussions with posters I have decided to clarify my goals with this thread and turn course a little. I am working on a revised advancement table and I have update the Original Post. Please go their for more information on the changes. Now, because of this I will be update the existing monsters before I post new ones.

dave2008

Legend
I've uploaded a draft of the revised Epic Monster Stats by CR table inthe OP for review and comment.

Edit: My biggest concern is that the progression is to fast. A demigod as little chance of harming a greater god, but maybe that is as it should be. I think I need to look at the attack and defense progression more closely.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I have update the completed monsters through the demon lords (posts 2-9) to keep pace with the updated Stats by CR table in the OP. I should get the rest completed by the weekend and then I will start post more epic threats again.

dave2008

Legend
I have reorganized this thread and added some more monster types. The first 11 posts ( 10 of mine + a helpful hop on my Morrus) contain Gods, Celestials, Primordials, and Arch-Fiends (Demons and Devils). The next three posts (12-14) contain epic monsters broken into monster types: Aberrations, Abominations, Constructs, Dragons, Elemental Lords, Arch-Fey, Monstrosities, Plants, & Undead. If a category contains an update monster it will be in bold red text.

zingbobco000

Explorer
You might want to add the bold red text for Cthulu. Also, this stuff is great, though I'm not entirely understanding the reason for Tiamat and Bahumut being of different power levels as well as being on par with Tharizdun (Moradin as well, why is he up there?)

dave2008

Legend
I've now updated all the epic monsters to the revised CR table and completed my reformatting of the thread (though it is giving me some troubles when I post images). So, now that all the housekeeping is done, I can start working on completing entries. I hope to add one or two this weekend.

Remove ads