D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
Hey, I love what you are doing with the stat blocks. I thought the stats for Graz'zt and Demogorgon in Oota were slightly too weak. Personally I think the 3 stat blocks is a great idea, but I think to avoid doing needless work and driving yourself crazy just give him the same abilities all around but make his abilities more potent for the 3 stages. Maybe adding one unique ability for stage 2 and 3. Just a suggestion.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the effort is appreciate :)

Yes, that would definitely make it more feasible. I think it could be really simple for the weakened to normal jump. I would, however, want to add a bit more options/variation for the normal to Uber jump.

zingbobco000

Explorer
I'm assuming you looked at Baphomet for the stats on Sekolah as he has a kinda wierd multi-attack option: Sekolah makes two bite attacks: Any combination of fist and heartcleaver attacks.

Maybe Zuggtmoy might be able to cast some kind of spell like Phantasmal Force to emphasize her hallucinations

Also the Balor lords have lightning whips and fire greataxes not the other way around.

Other then that, can't wait for more updates!

dave2008

Legend
I'm assuming you looked at Baphomet for the stats on Sekolah as he has a kinda wierd multi-attack option: Sekolah makes two bite attacks: Any combination of fist and heartcleaver attacks.

Maybe Zuggtmoy might be able to cast some kind of spell like Phantasmal Force to emphasize her hallucinations

Also the Balor lords have lightning whips and fire greataxes not the other way around.

Thank you for catching those! I will get them corrected tonight.

Yep I do a lot of copying and pasting. I did the ancient red dragon and tiamat first as templates and I kept finding "dragon" or "her" all over for a long time. I think I got most of them now though.

zingbobco000

Explorer
Thank you for catching those! I will get them corrected tonight.

Yep I do a lot of copying and pasting. I did the ancient red dragon and tiamat first as templates and I kept finding "dragon" or "her" all over for a long time. I think I got most of them now though.

No problem, I'm really excited for this thread and I'm hoping to use these (though at the ending of my campaigns of course).

dave2008

Legend

I've updated Sekolah, Zuggtmoy, and the Balor Lord. They should be good now.

dave2008

Legend
No problem, I'm really excited for this thread and I'm hoping to use these (though at the ending of my campaigns of course).

Thanks! I think I mentioned this in the original post (but it may have been in a response to another poster), but most of the monsters will be beyond what PCs are capable of fighting strait up. The CR 20-25 monsters are good to use and the CR 26-30 could be used with a well equipped and optimized party (and/or one with epic boons). The rest are just eye candy unless you want to use the epic advancement system I am working on over here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?469018-5e-Epic-Character-Updates

If you do get a chance to use them, please let me know how if goes. It is always good to get feedback.

zingbobco000

Explorer
Thanks! I think I mentioned this in the original post (but it may have been in a response to another poster), but most of the monsters will be beyond what PCs are capable of fighting strait up. The CR 20-25 monsters are good to use and the CR 26-30 could be used with a well equipped and optimized party (and/or one with epic boons). The rest are just eye candy unless you want to use the epic advancement system I am working on over here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?469018-5e-Epic-Character-Updates

If you do get a chance to use them, please let me know how if goes. It is always good to get feedback.

I'm thinking of using the princes of the apocalypse (Imix, Olyhydra, Ogremoch, and Yan-C-Bin) in a fight where the players control princes and they all fight eachother, however! The one who wins becomes an epic version of itself to have an awesome climactic battle with the prince!

dave2008

Legend
I'm thinking of using the princes of the apocalypse (Imix, Olyhydra, Ogremoch, and Yan-C-Bin) in a fight where the players control princes and they all fight eachother, however! The one who wins becomes an epic version of itself to have an awesome climactic battle with the prince!
Sounds pretty awesome!

zingbobco000

Explorer
Sounds pretty awesome!

I just hope you can finish the updates somewhere within 6 months lol. Oooh, another thing that you might want to include are the baelnorns/archliches/thorsamsonns. They're basically good liches which are highly rare and they don't have to consume souls to keep their phylactery intact.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases