D&D 5E [GUIDE] Celestial Link Evoking Radiance Into Creation - CLERIC guide

This looks like pretty good advice to me. I would recommend pointing out that the skills you gain with the knowledge domain you also get double-proficiency with. Also, probably worth going over the guide with a spell-checker.

I totally agree that Clerics are fantastic for a 1 level dip.

I would personally rank Spiritual Weapon and Guidance at gold rank, but that's just personal preference.

mellored

Legend
This looks like pretty good advice to me. I would recommend pointing out that the skills you gain with the knowledge domain you also get double-proficiency with. Also, probably worth going over the guide with a spell-checker.

I totally agree that Clerics are fantastic for a 1 level dip.

I would personally rank Spiritual Weapon and Guidance at gold rank, but that's just personal preference.
Noted on knowledge.
Bumped spiritual weapon,
guidance has concentration that can keep it down.

Will fix the spelling.

Noctem

Explorer
Nice mello, I'll be copying my stealth guide as well. There's plans to bring over all of the 4e stuff as well but that could take time.

mellored

Legend
Arcana up. Overall it's pretty niche as it only helps against certain enemies.

Though, i only had limited access to it, so i may have missed something.

Arcana is more than just an antimagic domain. It has good MC potential with Rogue, Fighter, and Ranger. It's currently the only way to add Wis to the damage of cantrips other than Sacred Flame. Mix with Shillelagh via Magic Initiate to get GFB/BB + Sneak Attack shenanigans

As a 1-20 subclass, it may be worth a purple rating. However, I'd rate it higher if used in a multiclass build, especially with Mastermind and Battlemaster.

mellored

Legend
Arcana is more than just an antimagic domain. It has good MC potential with Rogue, Fighter, and Ranger. It's currently the only way to add Wis to the damage of cantrips other than Sacred Flame. Mix with Shillelagh via Magic Initiate to get GFB/BB + Sneak Attack shenanigans

As a 1-20 subclass, it may be worth a purple rating. However, I'd rate it higher if used in a multiclass build, especially with Mastermind and Battlemaster.
Cantrips take an action, so you can't multi-attack with them. So i don't see how battlemaster helps. Eldrich knight can make a bonus attack, but she can already pick GFB/BB up.

I could see a 1 level dip with a rogue or monk. Cleric has always been a good level 1 dip anyways.

Sneak attack + shillelagh doesn't work.

Potent cantrip is 8 levels, and which means you miss out on a 4d6 (17) for +3 to 2 targets. A solid gish, but nothing to write home about. Though I imagine they will errata it the same way they did the others.

Unless i'm missing something.

I will mention shillelagh though.

Last edited:

You're right about my mistake with Shillelagh and Sneak Attack.

Battlemaster synergy comes from being able to currently combine GFB/BB with maneuvers. You're making melee weapon attacks with the cantrips.

As for giving up 4d6 of Sneak Attack, you're gaining up to 4th level Cleric spells and higher AC via shields.

mellored

Legend
You're right about my mistake with Shillelagh and Sneak Attack.

Battlemaster synergy comes from being able to currently combine GFB/BB with maneuvers. You're making melee weapon attacks with the cantrips.
You mean dipping 3 levels of fighter? Sure, that's reasonable. Not huge though. Clerics shouldn't be relying much on cantrips at high levels.

As for giving up 4d6 of Sneak Attack, you're gaining up to 4th level Cleric spells and higher AC via shields.
You also trade away your rogue abilities, like reliable talent, slippery mind, arcane ambush, or versatile trickster. It's certainly not a bad combo, but i don't see anything great about it either.

Now a 1 level dip gives you GFB, shield, guidance, and bless, which is easily worth losing 1 level of rogue for.

Arcana cleric 1/battlemaster 3-4/arcane trickster X would be pretty good as well. Precision strike to help land the attack.

Remove ads