D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Come on, to freedom!" Erevan spurs on the others to move forward. He himself moves too, but draws his bow and looks for an opening to shoot at the hook horror that is closest to the path and to his allies.

OOC: Attack, I suppose on HH3 in the image above?: [roll0]
+bless [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Do I add sneak attack? I believe so: [roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
Erevan's bolt smacks into the hook horror and sinks so far you can't even see the fletching.

Sarith and Eldeth each take shots at the same creature

Sarith Hand crossbow
Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Eldeth Crossbow
Attack [roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
Derendil attempts to kick Hook Horror 3 to knock it down so Orsik and Bertram can move away safely.

Shove [roll0]
HH3 Resist [roll1]

Uller

Adventurer
It drops 10' and catches itself. Derendil moves back a bit drawing the attention of Hook Horror 3 which attacks him instead of Orsik.

Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

The hook slices through Derendil's arm, nearly knocking him from the ledge. He roars in rage. "Run!" He shouts. His voice is becoming bestial....

Orsik and Bertram move back 25' getting them nearly to the ledge. Derendil positions himself between the ledge and the two hook horrors so they can't approach without getting by him (so he is slightly below it now and clinging to the wall). The two hook horrors close in on him but can't move as quickly as he can. So they cannot attack. (the have to dash)

OOC:
Everyone can safely move onto the ledge now. One medium character can stand safely on the ledge blocking it. I don't think anyone has a reach melee weapon...that'd be handy...On Derendil's turn he could "disengage" and move to just below the ledge to block them from moving past (or he will more likely attack again then move back because he is becoming enraged).

Derendil, Orsik and HH3 are all seriously wounded at this point. Derendil has about half his HP left. Orsik and HH3 each have about 1/3 left.

Ezraen's turn.

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
When Ezraen reaches the ledge, he stands behind Surana and as Orsik passes by him, the paladin pours some healing energy into the dwarf.
OOC: Use 5 hp from my lay on hands ability.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
When Ezraen reaches the ledge, he stands behind Surana and as Orsik passes by him, the paladin pours some healing energy into the dwarf. Use 5 hp from my lay on hands ability.

Noted. He's at 13/19 hp.

Surana is up

The flow of blood from the dwarf is staunched and some light returns to his eyes. He nods...as much of a 'thank you' as you'll get from a dwarf.

Remove ads