Little help with portraits? :)

Don21584

First Post
Well I heard about people asking nicely for artists to draw their characters. My friend/DM asked me for help on finding a portrait of her (2e converted to 3e) character, and immediately this popped into my head. She has used this character for the past 2 years and has been unable to find a good character portrait of him, so her, and myself, would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help :)

Caius....Human Wizard 9th level
Hair: shoulder length light brown
Eyes: green
Familiar: Perigrene falcon (various browns and creams) named Aidan, with a golden band around his right leg.
Caius wears an emerald green cloak fastened with a gold clasp. His clothes are a white long-sleeved shirt covered with a light brown tanned leather vest that laces up the front. His pants and boots are tanned leather as well, but his boots are a bit darker brown.
He also has a green sash draped from his right shoulder. His jewelry consists of a gold ring with an emerald stone on his left middle finger, and a golden amulet around his neck. On his belt hangs a wand/rod shaped like a python.
Aidan sits on his outstreched arm or on his shoulder, reagally of course as a good familar should.

Also, the main things are the hair, eyes, cloak and Aidan. So there it is, thank you so much in advance if you can help.

Edit: Myself and my friend really like to avoid paying for a portrait, so any help that doesn't involve an exchange of money would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
The "Illuminator's Guildhouse" is a resource of artists willing to draw your character portraits in a variety of media, B&W and color. Of course, they charge for this service...

http://www.illuminatorsguild.com

Update: They are also apparently down pending a major reconstruction due to be completed in March.

Last edited:

Don21584

First Post
Thanks for the bump, UD. I was gonna do it myself if it was on page 2, which it almost was when I went to bed last night.
Oh, and I'm really really trying to avoid having to pay, especially for something where if it doesn't look good, you probably still have to pay for it.

There was a sidebar in a recent Dragon where they mentioned a website that does generic portraits for characters. The one they showed didn't look _too_ bad....

After my quiz tonight, I'll have to take a look.

Don21584

First Post
If it's recent, would that mean it's on the Wizard's site? I think I've looked through all of those, and I don't recall one that really looked like that character.

If I draw one of my own characters, it usually takes about 2 hours for me to finish a fair pencil drawing, with good rendering. That's a lot of time to take, so I hope you understand the general unwillingness of people to take the time to draw others' characters. Aside from art students looking to practice, I think most artists would rather work on their own projects unless they know you well.

Then again, I _did_ make a prestige class based on Sagiro's storyhour, because I liked it so much. If you impressed the board, with maybe a story, people might be more interested.

Don21584

First Post
Thanks RW, after I unfortunately had to bump the topic again, and saw another message added, I was expecting to see someone flaming me for bumping it again or something to that effect. I'm sure she could easily come up with a story about her character. Would it help if it was more funny, heroic, or a combination of the both, if possible?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases