D&D 5E Legacy of the Crystal Shard Ultimate LOTCS resource

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by sliceoffruit:

Wikia (still in progress. Maybe sign up and help out?)
I set up a Wiki for GMs. I really wanted a directory of everyones name to refer to while reading the adventure so I decided to create one.

Adventure Excerpts

Maps (Image Gallery)

Maps (Game Grid) (Credit to: Spykes 1 2 )
  • North/South Pass
  • Marauding Yetis
  • Slim's Ambush
    It really just amounted to a hallway and a medium sized room, so a map was not used.
  • Nightime break-in
    Gamemastery Flip Mat - Warehouse
  • Hideout Guards, Hideout Thugs
    I'm adapting this encounter a bit. I'm making the hideout an old dwarven outpost that Marek and the thugs have claimed. I'm consolidating these two encounters into one using Ice Keep from the Shattered Keeps Map Pack
  • Marek the Shank
    As the players go deeper into the cave to fight Marek, I will use this cave map from season 11
  • Ship Rethnor Thugs
    This looks like a simple fight with tiles or a simple tavern map like this
  • Bear Tribe Camp
    Might as well use the map that is made for it
  • Waterfall Cavern
    still working on this one. - might have to be a custom job
  • Dragon and witch
    They made a map for this encounter some time back
  • Advice on Map Printing

Monster Stats

NPC Artwork
Refrences (Image Gallery

Resources

Ideas
  • Black Ice
    I gave my party 1 trinket of black ice yesterday (found during the looting of corpses). For the moment I am not having any ill affects, however the longer the person currently holding onto it holds onto it the more they will see each conversation and body movement as a threat to them in some way (even if it isn't) and won't know better.
  • Claendar Idea
    Create a claendar and cross out every day that passes in front of the players to build a sense of time and urgancy. It tells them that the time of day and current day is important. 
  • Keeping your Adenture Book/Campaign Guide organize

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

The problem is that I only got the adventure about a week ago so I am rushing to finish. What I do is read the adventures guide and then add any relavent information to the wiki one paragraph at a time. You can image the first 4 pages being the most dense. But once I made a page for each character it should go a LOT faster. I just realized that I should really split up each characters page into five sections, BEFORE ADVENTURE, ACT 1, INTERLUDE, ACT 2, ACT 3 - That way you can quickly figure out what they are suppose to be doing. 

But the real benefit for this is providing an Appendix for all the locations, names and refrences in the adventure. The book is NOT shy for hitting you hard with a ton of stuff right off the bat. After figuring out the 20-30 or so refrences it's a pretty fun little adventure to figure out. 

I would have reorded some sections like put the Preparing the Adventure and the Adventure Synoposis first. The table of contents at the start is also very useful since it breaks things down in a logical way. Act 1 is broken up into three parts, each respectfully broken up into their own 'steps' if the characters want to jump from one part, or villan, to another just continue them on whichever step they were last at until you feel you should hit them with the Interlude. The villa who has gotten away with the most, or interacted with the adventures the least is the head of the Interlude. Then during Act 2 same logic as Act 1 except now it's broken into 2 parts (not sure if I'm right about this) and finally Act 3 happens regardless of previous decisions. 

Anyway- back to it! Should be done with the Adventure Book by tonight 

Thanks for the possitive reviews 

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

I have updated the Calendar with a comprehensive list of Events - http://the-legacy-of-the-crystal-shard.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar

I also have made a almost complete Appendix of all names, places and references- http://the-legacy-of-the-crystal-shard.wikia.com/wiki/Appendix

The actual details of each will be filled out by next week but these two resources are key and what I found missing from the books. I can easily reference a name or thing I don't understand now. 

Let me know if anyone sees anything I am missing

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

16. Legacy of the Crystal Shard organization 1.jpg

16. Legacy of the Crystal Shard organization 2.jpg

How I organize my adventure. I made a PDF version of the campaign (no I'm not shairng! ) and use tags to keep track of things 

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

I have the Adventure book, Campagin Book and Monsters 

If you like, you can try using my Appendix I will probably have page numbers to it by the end of the week. 

UPDATE: I scaned all the artwork in both books and added them to the list above. That includes a huge update to Refrences, Character Art and Maps sections. This should add a lot of flavor to your game. I recommend bringin an iPad and showing the image. 

REQUEST: Can someone be kind enjoy to update the entries in the Wiki with the photos above? Like say make an entry for Targos and just upload the photo and set it? Preferably at a 300px width? Could really save me some time! 

UDPATE 2: Added the Date Tracker Gallery as well 

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

http://the-legacy-of-the-crystal-shard.wikia.com/wiki/Appendix

Working on the Wiki now. I finish the calendar, a comprehensive play by play of the Adventure Book. Now going through the Campaign Guide. 

I made the Appendix which should be the golden resource for everyone. Keeping track of the names and places is the biggest problem with how this is structured. This should help.

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

I did a LOT of research on Icewind Dale but my players don't seem to care. 

Here are some pointers

• Figure out what effects the Black Ice causes if a player holds onto a peice for too long
  • Figure out exactly how the curse of lycanthropy would work and how to cure it 
  • Decide what to do with Gant if he escapes ahead of time (the book doesn't make it clear)
  • Don't forget that Ten-Towns has a 50% markup on all items 
  • Don't forget how cold and loud Icewind Dale is
  • Consider having them get hit by an avalanch. I had them get hit by it after fighting the wererats and having them get into an encounter without any weapons or armor in the cold, survivor style 
  • Check out that the "Refrence.gdoc" You won't regret it. 
  • Foreshadow, foreshadow, foreshadow! 
I can't figure out what else to mention. 

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by pukunui:

sliceoffruit wrote:
  • Don't forget that Ten-Towns has a 50% markup on all items 

Where does this number come from? The module says that things are more expensive in Icewind Dale but I don't recall it ever giving a specific amount by which things are marked up. Does this number come from somewhere else? I can't find anything via google.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases