D&D 5E [GUIDE] Arrive on Time - A General Guide to Wizardry

Side note on Conjure Minor Elemental: if you can find or create enough Magma to get your DM to give you Magma Mephits, 8 Magma Mephits from Conjure Minor Elemental VI is really nasty against tool-using opponents. That is eight simultaneous Heat Metals (16d8 damage per turn plus all kinds of disadvantage on attacks) over the course of the next hour, plus 16d6 of breath weapon in every combat, in addition to the obvious meat shield applications of having 176 HP worth of death burst-equipped minions.

Smoke Mephits are pretty good too--their breath weapon can give archers advantage on attacks and they have twice as many aggregate HP and attacks as Magma Mephits.

Last edited:

TheBigHouse

Explorer
Are you going to add other things to the equipment section? Also at lv 17 when you get your level 9 consider that your spell save is 8+6+5 at least (standard 8 plus top tier prof plus int mod) which is 19 where the average monster has +4 to 5 for dex saves meaning the monster saves 30% of the time meaning 70% will face average 140, 30% average 70 still has a higher average than you say. But again using the power of teamwork it should not matter if your allies can stun them or something

Yea, I agree. Save math vs AC math is difficult. Both can be all over the chart.

I don't really plan to spend much more time on equipment unless people want that. There is a lot of equipment, and it's not like you can just go to the store and pick something out.

Is there anything specific you wanted to talk about?

TheBigHouse

Explorer
Side note on Conjure Minor Elemental: if you can find or create enough Magma to get your DM to give you Magma Mephits, 8 Magma Mephits from Conjure Minor Elemental VI is really nasty against tool-using opponents. That is eight simultaneous Heat Metals (16d8 damage per turn plus all kinds of disadvantage on attacks) over the course of the next hour, plus 16d6 of breath weapon in every combat, in addition to the obvious meat shield applications of having 176 HP worth of death burst-equipped minions.

Smoke Mephits are pretty good too--their breath weapon can give archers advantage on attacks and they have twice as many aggregate HP and attacks as Magma Mephits.

Agreed.

TheBigHouse

Explorer
Alright. First round of updates for SCAG are up. I put my review for bladesinging (spoiler: its good). Added the new spells. Added some notes in the multi classing section for bladesinger specific builds, including rogue 2, EK 7, and Pali 2. Added a few notes to spells for bladesingers.

Oh, i also added a section in the analysis section to help a bladesinger determine if they should use the attack action or cast a melee cantrip.

If anyone has any other comments on the changes, feel free to post em. As always this guide is more collaborative than anything.

Thanks!

mellored

Legend
Can anyone think of any good ways to get a bonus action attack on bladesinger other than EK 7?
Polearm master, TWF, and crossbow expertise work, though not with cantrips.

Shield master comes to mind.
Booming blade + misty step also works.
Spiritual weapon, but that might be too much of a dip.

TheBigHouse

Explorer
Polearm master, TWF, and crossbow expertise work, though not with cantrips.

Shield master comes to mind.
Booming blade + misty step also works.
Spiritual weapon, but that might be too much of a dip.

[-]Well, for your bladesong you cant have anything in your offhand, including a shield.[/-]

quarterstaff would work with polearm master, but requires you to build strength, which ruins your AC. Spiritual weapon would be ideal, but again, the stats just dont work out.

I could see lore bards grabbing this and spiritual weapon and becoming very scary.

Also arcane trickster + bladesinger 2. Yikes.

Barbarian 2 + polearm master + quarterstaff? AC = Con + dex + int + leather. You wont use the rage, but you could use mirror image or blink then reckless attack with your cantrips heh.

Last edited:

Remove ads