H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion
+ Log in or register to post

H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Looking at the 4th Edition adventure series H1 Keep on the Shadowfell, up to E3 Prince of Undeat there is very little in the plotline that really ties these adventures together into a full story - especially in the heroic and paragon levels. When I read the Keep on the Shadowfell I had hoped that Wizards of the Coast would tie this story together around a growing threat from the Demon Lord Orcus (appearing in H1) trying to spread undeath from the new cool Shadowfell plane defined in 4th Edition. Lot of expectation had been built up around demons, demon lords and the Shadowfell in the Worlds and Monsters publication previously. Sadly my hopes was not fulfilled when I read the Thunderspire Labyrinth and then later the Pyramid of Shadow. I therefore decided to try to bridge this gap myself, with a conversion guide, doing some changes in the story, background and some of the encounters and images, in order to create an atmosphere foreboding the return of the undead legions of Orcus. I started with trying to tie together the story more tightly.

Spoiler:

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS IN HERE - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY PLAYING THE ADVENTURES
    H1 Conversion Guide:
    web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    H2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    H3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    P1 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    P2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    P3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    E1 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    E2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    E3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    H1-E3 Monster Update: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
    Conversion Guide Maps: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...

Also read my: Pathfinder - Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion Path
    /Myrhdraak
    Last edited by Myrhdraak; Friday, 25th September, 2015 at 05:15 PM.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

Block dave2008

Friend+
    Thanks for bringing this over the Enworld Myrhdraak! I think i have everything downloaded, but this was a great thread I did not want to loose. Thank you again for the hard work and for sharing. Glad to know your here too.

Yes, It would be a shame if this had been lost! Found your conversion a year ago (or so) and like it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
    Thanks for bringing this over the Enworld Myrhdraak! I think i have everything downloaded, but this was a great thread I did not want to loose. Thank you again for the hard work and for sharing. Glad to know your here too.
    Well, we never managed to play through all of them. Actually only got to H2 before I decided to start up my old Campaign World with a modified 4.5 Edition ruleset.
    Laugh The Fighter-Cricket laughed with this post

I'm DMing this right now, we're at Thunderspire atm

Quote Originally Posted by oFFoy View Post
    I'm DMing this right now, we're at Thunderspire atm
    Thats were we are as well. Just about to face the shadow dragon at the Well of Demons.

+ Log in or register to post

Quick Reply Quick Reply