D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Spartain104

First Post
Kail looks to Helmut and shrugs. He knows there is no leader, but as far as Kail cares, Helmut is the one who should be. The prospect of two more bodies, especially armored ones, seems likable and greatly increases their chances of success. Ignoring the topic of free work, Kail simply nods when Curly looks to him. Why not? The more the merrier...

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Are... are you a polymorphed awakened horse? I once heard a story about this! Except it was a bear! And nobody knew he was a bear! He couldn't speak, but he pretended to! Sir Bearington I think!"

Mialee supports the "vote" enthusiastically... the same way she seems to enthusiastically go along with everything.

OOC: Mialee - Init +3, Perception 12, 10 hp

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"It appears one more vote would make it a majority then, but I suppose everyone should have their say," Curly Craye grins and chuckles, "Helmut, Samara, Arion, Davis, what say ye?"

Schmoe

Adventurer
"And why not? There's strength in numbers after all. If you are ready for travel, then join with us, for we are on our way there now."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis nods idly.

"Yes. I have no objections, let them come and we will be on our way."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Samara Renae - PP 14 - PI 16 - Init +4

Samara immediately begins to express her dissent. "Our contract does not make allowances for additional members..."

She pauses when she sees the young Paladin shift uncomfortably.
OOC: Passive Insight 16

Perhaps the veneer of holy warrior covers the fact that he is just as green as the rest of us? And the half-orc... dumb and ugly, just like Mother always said. But their ferocity is unquestioned, and shouldn't be overlooked....

Samara takes a breath, "But it seems we are in need of more men-at-arms... and because Ser Vareen vouches for Horse, I see no reason not to include him as well. It would be folly to turn away such generosity."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I take it Arion and Samara agree by their silence. Welcome to the company of Fortune's Fools then, mates. Me name be Curly Craye," he says with a wink and a grin. "Glad to have more companions along on our heroic adventure!"

You pass through Druid's Gate, which is marked by a ring of stones standing just outside of the Free City of Greyhawk. The gate is not as busy as the Wharfgate or Highway Gate, as it seems only farmers and their goods pass through here. The first leg of your 2-day journey takes you through outlying farmsteads east of Greyhawk. There is a roadside hostel on the edge of the Cairn Hills that you expect to reach by nightfall.

The weather is calm and pleasant as you walk down the road in the morning. You pass a pair of farmer wagons making their way to town. The farmers nod in your direction as you pass by, and make not attempt to slow your path. In the late morning, the road winds through a rocky path where your vision is partly obscured. As you pass through the road, Arion, Samara, and Kail note that there are three human figures hiding in the rocks. They appear to be allowing you to pass, however.
OOC: I cast summon players! [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] [MENTION=6800191]Spartain104[/MENTION]
Edit 2015 Nov 07: I misread Helmut's Passive Perception and accidentally included him in the list of characters who noticed the men. Since Helmut has yet to act on this information, I have corrected the information.

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Whilst travelling]Before leaving, John had paid the free-sword tax. Though he had agreed to work for free, he was also inclined to forage on the way and wanted to avoid any discrepancies about what he could and couldn't take. The licence would be useful in future anyway. Between farms, John will casually keep an eye out for nuts, berries or sweet grasses to suck on or plants with leaves he can dry out and smoke. John enjoys the good things in life everywhere he goes. He's not eager to fill his belly for the day necessarily so much as indulge in things from pleasant tastes and smells to the sound of birds or the warmth of the sun on his face. He will only do this on the way if he has the time. He does not want to slow down the party [roll0][/sblock]

As he began to pass the three figures a feeling of dread began to form in John's stomach. He did not like the look of these strangers hiding and watching the road. At the very best, the three men in hiding were being cautious of anyone ELSE they encountered on the road, but something told John it was something else. The stories of Bandits waiting on the roads, attempting to pick on the weak, whilst letting the strong pass by rang in his mind. If they were bandits, they probably would have run if the party consisted of town guard, but adventurers? The bandits would probably just let adventurers pass by.

John was concerned. If these men were bandits, he would not be able to allow them to prey on the weak. At the same time, if any bloodshed could be avoided, he would prefer it. "Blagh" The thought of cutting a man's scalp off to cash in later and calling it justice did not appeal to John. If he could, he would try to find an alternative.

He slowed his pace to walk besides the cleric. "Pardon me miss Samara. Do you see those men up behind the rocks? I MAY be just making assumptions, but I find their behaviour... Odd at best. I must inform you that I would feel obliged to go and speak with them. If they are up to no good, I cannot allow them to" John takes a breath and licks his lips nervously, trying to find the right words "-remain, up to not good. I would find any alternative to violence to be preferred of course"...

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
OOC: -3gp FS Tax

Horse bows to the group, readies his shield plus two javelins in his off hand, hefts his ax, and falls in beside Mialee; leaning conspiratorially, obvious worry on his face, with a hushed tone "wha's a polly morph?" he asks her.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
The joy of walking lulls Samara into a meditative state where her mind roams freely. Her gaze is relaxed, taking in the whole scenery before her as it passes by, all a personal tribute to Fharlanghn... until she is suddenly startled 'awake' by John's voice.

Samara staggers a full step before stopping short in her tracks. "Son of Kyuss, Ser Vereen! What is your boggle?!"

As John explains what he has seen, Samara raises a curious eyebrow and slowly leans past the paladin's significant frame. Sure enough, she can see the trio of shadowy interlopers skulking in the nearby stones. As she leans back, she lowers her voice and says, "Yes, I can see them as well. We'd best alert Helmut."

Last edited:

Remove ads