D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I... have a strange talent... I can keep even the strongest man from realizing his potential... that would likely work against any giant..."

OOC: Referring to vicious mockery.

Mialiee - Init +3, perception 11

Schmoe

Adventurer
Helmut regards Mialee for a moment. His frown turns from serious to thoughtful and gradually relaxes. "Young lady, I don't know what you are talking about, but if you speak true, then that might just work." He finally smiles at her. "We shall see soon enough, eh?" and with that he toasts Mialee and downs the rest of his ale.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Samara returns in a huff, unable to get the barkeep's attention.

"I failed. My first quest and I've already failed."

Samara grabs a nearby stool and, with a sigh of consternation, dejectedly seats herself.

OOC: I assume someone fills Samara in about the plan as she was away from the table... if not, well, prepare for more dialogue. :)

Spartain104

First Post
Kail Ryon Init: +3 Pas. Perc: 15

Kail finds a spot and sets himself down near Helmut at the bar. As the flagon of ale approaches him he takes another bite of bread before placing the remaining loaf in the folds of his cloth. As soon as the tankard is within reach he grasps it and downs a good portion. He looks otherwise unphased as he continues to simply listen and occasionally nod when someone mentions him. His mind flickers over thoughts of fighting a mighty beast such as this. The temple would approve, aiding the weak and emboldening them is their goal. Yet he feels as much reserved as Helmut does concerning the lack of... soldiers in their group.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Busy weekend over and back to the adventure! Sorry for the delay everyone.

It seems the proprietor has noticed your group. Though he was busy regaling a group of patrons with stories of his adventuring days, your group has grown in size throughout the evening and from time to time his eyes have wandered your direction. When Samara attempts to flag him down, he looks in her direction and gives something of a nod, but does not immediately head over. Fortunately, her efforts are not completely in vain. He soon breaks off his story with a literal cliffhanger ending about how an ogre had knocked him to the edge of a cliff and he was barely holding on with one hand as the ogre headed over to finish the job, "but how I made it out of that predicament is a tale for another time," he says with a wink and a smile.

He quickly checks on Imogen and Gully, then makes his way over to your table. You note the triangular scar on his left cheek and the missing index finger on his sword hand, signs of a veteran soldier of fortune. "Well met, fine patrons! I am Ricard, the owner and manager of this excellent establishment. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I cannot help but notice that you seem to be hatching some sort of scheme here tonight, and your group seems to be growing in size as time goes on. Might I inquire as to what quest has you all so intrigued?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis smiles wryly at Ricard's question.

"This man," he claps Arion on the shoulder, "has convinced us to go hunting for Grob the Mighty with him. Together, we'll hopefully find the truth behind the stories, and see if we can't put a stop to them."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Grob the Mighty, eh?" Ricard looks over your group skeptically. "You appear a rather youthful and inexperienced lot. Have any of ever tangled with the likes of a giant before? I ought to warn you the tales about him are quite horrific. He's plagued Steaming Springs for over a month now as I hear it, and none have yet been able to bring him down. Still, 500 orbs is a sizable prize. I imagine it tempts you. If you are insistent upon this... endeavor, I would be willing to sign on as guarantor of the contract to ensure proper disbursement of monies and bereavement if you desire. My usual asking fee for such a service is 5% of the initial bounty, and I have references to assure you I deal honestly should you desire to hear from them."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis looks curiously at Ricard

"You know for a fact that Grob is a full fledged giant, then? I always assume these tales grow in the telling, but yes, the reward does seem to imply a real threat at least."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Arion purses his lips, A giant! An actual giant, surely not. he thinks to himself.

"I am sure that our esteemed patron is just using a local colloquialism to refer to one of the giant kin?" Arion infers hopefully. With a smile he responds to Ricard, "If you have written references, I would like to peruse them."

Schmoe

Adventurer
Helmut chuckles as he watches his companions' responses. "With rumors like this, the only way to find out is to see for yourself. We should be prepared either way, as if he is a true giant we'll need to beat a hasty retreat. I won't have us rushing in to certain death if I can help it.

He turns to Ricard and continues, "It seems fair enough, and you seem trustworthy enough. Your business depends on your reputation, and that's good enough for me. I trust that you don't expect payment until we collect the bounty?"

Remove ads