Looking for players?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The post is old, yes, but I am active. I still run my on PbP game, but it does not use the D&D system. I have seen a few start-up thread indicating a new game but after the initial spam of false interests, the games never start. I am, unfortunately a bit rusty on D&D, now, as I have been running my own system for decades, but I would still like to play.

The Joker

First Post
well if we can gather sufficient players (i can run at least 3 but up to as meny as we can gather) i will start talks to find out what kind of campaign i should run. (i am currently running a biweekly 3.5 evil campaign with 11 players) as i am currently DMing im feeling confident i could run something tailored to the players we get.

The Joker

First Post
do you know anybody who would join us?

(im going to be starting a thread on recruitment but i would prefer a more... aggressive stance to ensure this thread can start and flourish)

MacConnell

do you know anybody who would join us?
Unfortunately no, that is the problem. I was playing in 2, 3.0/3.5 threads but one has died completely, and the other is very slow. Various players start great out of the gate but there seems to be a lack of stamina. I have also tried several other PbP sites. The very few active games are closed and nothing else seems to come to fruition.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
MacConnell said:
...and the other is very slow.

As the DM for that particular game, I'd like to say in my defense, that the game could run a lot faster if the players didn't spend 20+ post replies over two real weeks hemming and hawing over the planning and execution of a two-day excursion into the local woods, LOL :D That's beyond MY control :)

The Joker

First Post
no need to defend yourself or your thread, my friend. your PCs are just being cautious. that means they value the lives of there characters.

you should be proud.

although there lack of a swift, unified decision most likely means there fractured or without a solid leader they trust. surly issues but nothing too negative.

thats why im planning to put up a thread where we can discuss our character concepts before we begin that way we can have a unified front so that we can always have progress. or at least hopefully always have the potential of progress.

im also recruiting a couple veteran players who will hopefully always have an answer so that certain problems will challenge people but wont bog you guys down by having no answer to a certain situation.

MacConnell

As the DM for that particular game, I'd like to say in my defense, that the game could run a lot faster if the players didn't spend 20+ post replies over two real weeks hemming and hawing over the planning and execution of a two-day excursion into the local woods, LOL :D That's beyond MY control :)

LOL ;) Well said, my friend. I've never seen such dickering over trivialities in all my life.

The Joker

First Post
so... quick question before i put up the thread... setting? should i make something up? zendikar? forgotten realms? material plane? past? future? its for the thread name

Remove ads